Taking off shoes at the airport

Old May 31st, 2005, 01:22 PM
Miss L. Toe

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
"Miss L. Toe" wrote:

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
"Miss L. Toe" wrote:

"nitram" wrote
Titanium is not detected either.

Actually it now is by certain scanners

Any idea which airports have those?

Yes, from personal experiance I have a very good idea of some of the
airports that have them.

Am I going to publish a list ?

No, (for obvious reasons).

Then perhaps those wallet-sized xrays would be a good idea, after all....

I'm not sure what you mean by that ?

Old May 31st, 2005, 01:44 PM
Padraig Breathnach

Rita wrote:

I think it is rather funny, myself. I flew recently and decided the
vision of everyone removing shoes, jackets, belts, etc. was
rather entertaining. Passengers now have the program down
pat and begin divesting as they approach the scanner.
People who make a fuss only impede the others who take a
more sanguine approach. But there is always the one who
makes a fuss and that is part of the fun as well.

What a weird idea: enjoying an airport experience.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old May 31st, 2005, 01:54 PM
Miss L. Toe

"nitram" wrote in message

"Miss L. Toe" wrote:

"nitram" wrote
Titanium is not detected either.

Actually it now is by certain scanners

Any idea which airports have those?

Yes, from personal experiance I have a very good idea of some of the
airports that have them.

Am I going to publish a list ?

No, (for obvious reasons).

I'll draw my own conclusion.

a) That I'm concerned about letting out potentially useful information to
baddies.
b) That I am a liar.

Old May 31st, 2005, 01:54 PM
Miss L. Toe

"Padraig Breathnach" wrote in message
news
Rita wrote:

I think it is rather funny, myself. I flew recently and decided the
vision of everyone removing shoes, jackets, belts, etc. was
rather entertaining. Passengers now have the program down
pat and begin divesting as they approach the scanner.
People who make a fuss only impede the others who take a
more sanguine approach. But there is always the one who
makes a fuss and that is part of the fun as well.

What a weird idea: enjoying an airport experience.

I enjoy airports, and Milano, what does that make me ?

Old May 31st, 2005, 02:03 PM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and

Rita wrote:

I think it is rather funny, myself. I flew recently and decided the
vision of everyone removing shoes, jackets, belts, etc. was
rather entertaining. Passengers now have the program down
pat and begin divesting as they approach the scanner.
People who make a fuss only impede the others who take a
more sanguine approach. But there is always the one who
makes a fuss and that is part of the fun as well.

What a weird idea: enjoying an airport experience.

I enjoy airports, and Milano, what does that make me ?

I definitely enjoy some airports, but a lot depends on the check-in,
security and boarding experience.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old May 31st, 2005, 02:25 PM

nitram:
You are turning into a Mixi ;-)

A what?

I heart my killfile

Old May 31st, 2005, 02:31 PM
Padraig Breathnach

"Miss L. Toe" wrote:

"Padraig Breathnach" wrote in message
news

What a weird idea: enjoying an airport experience.

I enjoy airports, and Milano, what does that make me ?

Do you have a titanium plate in your head?

Old May 31st, 2005, 03:07 PM
Padraig Breathnach

Rita wrote:

On Tue, 31 May 2005 13:44:50 +0100, Padraig Breathnach
wrote:

Rita wrote:

I think it is rather funny, myself. I flew recently and decided the
vision of everyone removing shoes, jackets, belts, etc. was
rather entertaining. Passengers now have the program down
pat and begin divesting as they approach the scanner.
People who make a fuss only impede the others who take a
more sanguine approach. But there is always the one who
makes a fuss and that is part of the fun as well.

What a weird idea: enjoying an airport experience.

Hey, one makes do with what is at hand. I long ago
decided that laughing about the inanities and annoyances
of travel was better than bemoaning them. Since one can
rarely, if ever, do anything constructive about them.

You're right, of course. And your policy applies well to more aspects
of life than travel.

My airport strategy is to operate at the lowest level of consciousness
that I can achieve, and treat it as rest time.

And I rather enjoy watching someone stamping feet and
making a scene.

That sort of thing makes me want to philosophise.

Old May 31st, 2005, 03:14 PM
Miss L. Toe

"nitram" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 May 2005 13:54:18 +0100, "Miss L. Toe"
wrote:

.. .

"Miss L. Toe" wrote:

"nitram" wrote
Titanium is not detected either.

Actually it now is by certain scanners

Any idea which airports have those?

Yes, from personal experiance I have a very good idea of some of the
airports that have them.

Am I going to publish a list ?

No, (for obvious reasons).

I'll draw my own conclusion.

a) That I'm concerned about letting out potentially useful information to
baddies.
b) That I am a liar.

c) my own conclusion.

Which is ???