Ft. Lauderdale Mariott Marina

Old September 13th, 2003, 01:13 PM
cinnam0n

Default Ft. Lauderdale Mariott Marina

I've been bidding (unsuccessfully, so far) on a 3-star Ft. Lauderdale
hotel for pre-cruise on 2/1. I know the Embassy Suites has a free
shuttle to/from the airport and cruise port. What about the Mariott
Marina?
Thanks! Patti
Old September 13th, 2003, 11:05 PM
Peter Berlin

Yes, they also have free transfers to Port Everglades.

--
Peter Berlin
Peter Berlin's Travel Center http://peterberlin.com

Old September 14th, 2003, 03:13 AM
John Medeiros

stood at the Embassy 12/02 and It was worth every penny! free ride to the
port- big buffet breakfast in morning, usa today at door in morning, and
open bar coctail reception that night it was very clean and the staff
courteous. I recomend and will stay there whenever I leave from that port!

Have a great cruise
jm

om...

Old September 14th, 2003, 01:31 PM
cinnam0n

Thanks, guys!
Old September 14th, 2003, 09:50 PM
Gregory C. Read

The cab fare is low enough in Fort Lauderdale, that I would not base my
hotel stay by whether they have a shuttle to the port or not. In fact, we've
stayed at the Embassy Suites who have a shuttle, and still take a cab.

--
Greg
lid

om...

Old September 15th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Ray in NH

cinnam0n wrote:

I've been bidding (unsuccessfully, so far) on a 3-star Ft. Lauderdale
hotel for pre-cruise on 2/1. I know the Embassy Suites has a free
shuttle to/from the airport and cruise port. What about the Mariott
Marina?
Thanks! Patti

Hi Peter,

Is this something new? The providing of transfer to Port Everglades
is not among the amenities listed on their website. I've stayed at
the Marriott in the past and do not recall a shuttle service. I agree
with Greg that taxis are plentiful and not that expensive. But, free
is even better than cheap vbg

Ray in NH
Old September 17th, 2003, 06:06 PM
Peter Berlin

Not sure if it is new, but last time (recently) we booked our clients at
the Marriott Marina, they were offered shuttle service to the port. If
you plan to book with them, check it out to make sure that they have
continued the service.

Peter

Peter Berlin's Travel Center http://peterberlin.com - 800-874-6040
HOST AGENCY :MGC2003- http://MGC2003.com - GGC2004 - http://ggc2004.com