Land tours in Bermuda

Old September 17th, 2003, 11:05 PM
marc hirschhorn

Default Land tours in Bermuda

I sent a question to the group the other day land tours in Bermuda.

I'm having a great deal of difficulty with my server in seeing the replys
that were sent. If you could please send replys to my e mail address, I
would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mimi Hirschhorn

Old September 17th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Tom & Linda

Bermuda is very small. It takes about 1 hour to go to the ends of the
islands in each direction from Hamilton. And for much of that route,
it's less than a quarter mile wide.

There really isn't much to do as far as land tours. If you want to take
a taxi ride, it will cost about $40 from Hamilton to get to King's
Wharf. On the way back, take the ferry.

Bermuda is all about beaches and golf courses. There isn't that much to
see. It's really very small.

Many people hike the old railroad trail. There is the aquarium. Some
caves as I recall.

But... 99% of what there is to do is either go to the beach or go
golfing. Sure you can shop and do things like that, but you don't go to
Bermuda to go shopping.

--Tom

Old September 18th, 2003, 12:25 AM
OcnGypZ

Subject: Land tours in Bermuda

Well.. I don't know when you are visiting.. but right now the Bermuda transit
workers are on strike!

Babette
Old September 18th, 2003, 12:52 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

OcnGypZ wrote:

Well.. I don't know when you are visiting.. but right now the Bermuda transit
workers are on strike!

Babette

That's a shame, so soon after Fabian.

sue

Old September 18th, 2003, 01:20 AM
OcnGypZ

Sue:

It's what they are calling an industrial strike. So not even the needed
rebuilding supplies are being off-loaded from cargo ships... like ROOF TILES!!

Babette
Old September 18th, 2003, 01:23 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

OcnGypZ wrote:

Sue:

It's what they are calling an industrial strike. So not even the needed
rebuilding supplies are being off-loaded from cargo ships... like ROOF TILES!!

That is really so sad, they have so much rebuilding to do.

sue

Old September 18th, 2003, 04:29 AM
Schaller MACAW

Rent a scooter!