'legal' question

Old April 23rd, 2004, 02:41 AM
Judy

Default 'legal' question

"Binyamin Dissen" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:14:28 -0400 "Judy"

wrote:

:"Oliver Lu" wrote in message
.com...
: Hi Folks,

: Can anybody help me on this simple question?

: What is the maximal period of time for a Canadian to legally stay in
: the US with only his/her citizenship card (no passport, no visa) if
: he/she cross the border by personal vehicle?

: Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

:The maximum stay in Canada is 6 months.

For a Canadian?

While I might agree that anyone who stays in Canada longer is nuts, I

wasn't
aware that their government enforced such a policy.

Whooooops ! I can't read! Guess I've been in Canada to long. :c)

Judy

Old April 23rd, 2004, 05:57 AM
Kiraly

Emma Chase VanCott wrote:

We have no citizenship card in Canada.

Sure we do. My wife has one. Native born Canadians aren't eligible to
apply for them, they're only for naturalized citizens.

Király
Old April 23rd, 2004, 06:38 AM
Mark Brader

Emma VanCott:

"Kiraly" writes:
Native born Canadians aren't eligible to apply for them, they're
only for naturalized citizens.

Also wrong.
--
Mark Brader | "...where did they get the sunlight in such a hurry? I know
| it can be delivered in about eight minutes, but there must
Toronto | be lots of paperwork involved." -- Michael Wares
Old April 24th, 2004, 05:35 AM
Király

Emma VanCott:

"Kiraly" writes:
Native born Canadians aren't eligible to apply for them, they're
only for naturalized citizens.

Also wrong.

Hmmm, I stand corrected. Has this always been the case? I've never
heard of a native-born Canadian who actually has one.

I guess native-born Canadians really don't have much use for them, since
most already have a provincially-issued photo ID plus a birth
certificate, which are just as good.