Key West Fla. Conch train question

Old September 17th, 2003, 12:07 AM
Michelle

Default Key West Fla. Conch train question

Hi I know the hours of operation and where it goes and how long a ride
and that you can catch it at Mallory station. My question is at what
times can you catch the train. Does it run every half hour every hour
or can you catch it anytime you get to mallory square, Their website
did not state this.

Thanks
Michelle
Old September 17th, 2003, 12:15 AM
Spitfires11

i hear u can buy the tickets online for $12 each ,instead of the $20 on the
ship
Old September 17th, 2003, 01:19 PM
cinnam0n

Says on their website under "tour details" that tours depart
approximately every 30 minutes from Mallory Square or Flager Station

Old September 17th, 2003, 09:26 PM
Jay

cinnam0n wrote:
Says on their website under "tour details" that tours depart
approximately every 30 minutes from Mallory Square or Flager Station
--

Hi I know the hours of operation and where it goes and how long a ride
and that you can catch it at Mallory station. My question is at what
times can you catch the train. Does it run every half hour every hour
or can you catch it anytime you get to mallory square, Their website
did not state this.

Thanks
Michelle

er, what is the "Conch Train"? I am going to key west and would love to
know.

Old September 17th, 2003, 09:41 PM
fishman

"Jay" wrote in message
.rogers.com...
cinnam0n wrote:
Says on their website under "tour details" that tours depart
approximately every 30 minutes from Mallory Square or Flager Station
--

Hi I know the hours of operation and where it goes and how long a ride
and that you can catch it at Mallory station. My question is at what
times can you catch the train. Does it run every half hour every hour
or can you catch it anytime you get to mallory square, Their website
did not state this.

Thanks
Michelle

er, what is the "Conch Train"? I am going to key west and would love to
know.

It's tour of the island. Tickets should be available in town, if you wait
until the immediate crowd is off the ship; that will save you some money off
the ship's tour price.

Chris

http://showtimeinteractive.com/top/1,1419,S-Showtime-Home-X!PlaceDetail-1723
5-19235,00.html

Conch Tour Train
301 Front St. at Mallory Square, Key West
305-294-5161

Some folks might think a narrated motor tour spells tourist with a capital
T, but the quirky little Conch Tour Train is a great way to garner an
overview of Key West in the shaded comfort of a canopied tram.
You'll pass by most of the attractions we've written up in this chapter,
sometimes twice, because in tiny Key West the train weaves a circuitous
route that often changes from one hour to the next depending on road
construction and special events that necessitate street closures.

Regardless of the path, you're sure to enjoy the ride as your guide recounts
fact and legend, tall tales and sad stories about life in Key West.

Tickets for adults and teens are $15; children ages 4 to 12, $7; children
younger than 4, free. The tour lasts 90 minutes, with one 10-minute rest
break at the Conch Tour Train ticket station,

Hours: Tours start at Mallory Square from 9 AM to 4:30 PM and at the Welcome
Center from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM.

www.conchtourtrain.com/

Competing with it is:

Old Town Trolley Tours
3840 N. Roosevelt Ave., Key West
305-296-6688

Join the Old Town Trolley Tour for an informative, convenient entry into Key
West. The trolley stops at most major hotels, handy if you're staying in the
southernmost city.

Daytrippers will appreciate the free parking at the Key West Welcome Center
or the Trolley Car Barn where you can pick up the tour.

The trolleys depart every 30 minutes, and, best of all, you can get off at
any of the stops and reboard the same day whenever you like. All along the
way the tour guide will treat you to a Key West history lesson, full of
anecdotes and legends.

Ticket cost per day for adults and teens is $20; children ages 4 through 12
pay $10.

Hours: Old Town Trolley Tours run daily from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM

Old September 18th, 2003, 01:35 AM
Michelle

Hi Jay
Here is a link to their website with all the info.

Michelle

http://www.conchtourtrain.com/FrontPage.htm