Island on the Seine, quant old winding streets & restaurants

Old July 6th, 2008, 05:38 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
AndyHancock

Default Island on the Seine, quant old winding streets & restaurants

I visited Paris for a short while about 10 years ago. There was an
island on the Seine that had old rustic winding streets, multi-story
buildings on both sides of the main street, mostly abutted, and filled
with quaint restaurants at the ground level. After checking out the
geotag pictures on Google maps, I'm still unsure as to which island it
was...any suggestions? Thanks.
Old July 6th, 2008, 08:44 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
socpla_99

In article
,

http://minilien.fr/a0ja68

--
socpla_99
Old July 6th, 2008, 03:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tc

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 21:38:30 -0700 (PDT), AndyHancock
wrote:

I visited Paris for a short while about 10 years ago. There was an
island on the Seine that had old rustic winding streets, multi-story
buildings on both sides of the main street, mostly abutted, and filled
with quaint restaurants at the ground level. After checking out the
geotag pictures on Google maps, I'm still unsure as to which island it
was...any suggestions? Thanks.

That would be the Ile de la Cite. See:
http://www.pariserve.tm.fr/English/paris/cite.htm
Old July 6th, 2008, 07:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Joseph Coulter[_3_]

Magda wrote in
:

http://www.pariserve.tm.fr/English/paris/cite.htm

shows the ile St.Louis in the background of the photo shown at the website

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Old July 6th, 2008, 08:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
AndyHancock

On Jul 6, 3:34 am, Terry wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 14:38:30 +1000, AndyHancock wrote
(in article
):

I visited Paris for a short while about 10 years ago. There was an
island on the Seine that had old rustic winding streets, multi-story
buildings on both sides of the main street, mostly abutted, and filled
with quaint restaurants at the ground level. After checking out the
geotag pictures on Google maps, I'm still unsure as to which island it
was...any suggestions? Thanks.

My inclination is to say it's the Isle of St. Louis, but there are no winding
streets. All the streets are quite straight. I feel sure it's the place
you're looking for.

Perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me...after reading the other

Thank you.
Old July 6th, 2008, 08:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
AndyHancock

On Jul 6, 3:44 am, socpla_99 wrote:
In article
,

AndyHancock wrote:
I visited Paris for a short while about 10 years ago. There was an
island on the Seine that had old rustic winding streets, multi-story
buildings on both sides of the main street, mostly abutted, and filled
with quaint restaurants at the ground level. After checking out the
geotag pictures on Google maps, I'm still unsure as to which island it
was...any suggestions? Thanks.

http://minilien.fr/a0ja68

Ile Saint-Louis. Looks like it's it. Thanks.
Old July 6th, 2008, 08:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
AndyHancock

On Jul 6, 2:04 pm, Magda
wrote:
On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 14:00:19 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, tc arranged
some electrons, so they looked like this:

... On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 21:38:30 -0700 (PDT), AndyHancock ... wrote:

... I visited Paris for a short while about 10 years ago. There was an
... island on the Seine that had old rustic winding streets, multi-story
... buildings on both sides of the main street, mostly abutted, and filled
... with quaint restaurants at the ground level. After checking out the
... geotag pictures on Google maps, I'm still unsure as to which island it
... was...any suggestions? Thanks.
... That would be the Ile de la Cite. See:
...http://www.pariserve.tm.fr/English/paris/cite.htm

No, what he describes is Ile Saint Louis.

I think it's Ile Saint-Louis. Thank you, tc, Magda.