Infant passport different to parents' - what happens at Heathrow?

Old January 15th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Jeff Hacker

Default Infant passport different to parents' - what happens at Heathrow?

"Frank Rogers" wrote in message
Hi all,

My 6 month old daughter is of British and Australian citizenship but only
has an Australian passport. I have a British passport and we will be
flying
through Heathrow.

Does the little one get to go with me through the fast track channel at
Heathrow or do I need to take her and wait in the foreign immigrant
channel?

Sorry if this has been answered a hundred times already!

If you want your daughter to travel as a British subject, you should visit
the British High Commission and see about getting her a British passport
before leaving Australia.

Thanks,
Pete Cito

Old January 17th, 2005, 01:21 PM

Hilary wrote:
My 6 month old daughter is of British and Australian citizenship

but only
has an Australian passport. I have a British passport and we will

be flying
through Heathrow.

Does the little one get to go with me through the fast track

channel at
Heathrow or do I need to take her and wait in the foreign immigrant

channel?

Just take her through with you. When I enter the US, I always use

the
citizen queue even when I'm travelling with my husband (who isn't)

and
we've never got turned back.

Hilary

Hilary is right: the Immigration officers have sufficient common sense
to process you both as if you were UK citizens. NB the fast track is
only for 'premium' passengers (first and business class tickets) but
the channel for UK and EU nationals is a good deal faster than that for
the rest of the world.