problem with Ryan Air web site

Old October 12th, 2006, 06:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
2006 August 22

Default problem with Ryan Air web site

I tried again this morning, October 12, 2006, 10:25AM,
This time their web site works.

Who can I e-mail inquiry to? I am unable to find their telephone number for
USA or any customer service email address?

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:34:03 GMT, "2006 August 22"
wrote:

Maybe Ryanair's computers are being updated at that time.

Have you tried e-mailing them, it might be more effective than posting
here, but somehow I doubt it.
--

Martin

Old October 12th, 2006, 07:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Padraig Breathnach

"2006 August 22" wrote:

Who can I e-mail inquiry to? I am unable to find their telephone number for
USA or any customer service email address?

Methinks you do not understand the Ryanair way of doing things.

Telephone contact: very difficult.
Customer service: what's that?

You book your ticket online on the basis of their T&C (which are
fairly tight and firmly enforced); take your flight (if it happens,
which it usually does); and then bugger off and don't annoy them.
Simple, really.

That's why I choose to use other airlines.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old October 12th, 2006, 11:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
2006 August 22

But I am looking for flight from Rome to Paris.
Ryan Air is much less than standard airlines.
Or, can you suggest any other way?

Old October 12th, 2006, 11:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Padraig Breathnach

"2006 August 22" wrote:

But I am looking for flight from Rome to Paris.
Ryan Air is much less than standard airlines.
Or, can you suggest any other way?

Sorry, no. It's not a route I travel. Other participants in this group
might have suggestions for you.

I'm not telling you not to use Ryanair. You are free to make your own
choices, as I am free to make mine.

But read what I said. The way to deal with it is to book online. Study
the information given and the T&C carefully so that you do not get
stung. While others here might differ, I am of the opinion that
Ryanair's business model includes a set of plans to hit the unwary for
extra charges.

Old October 13th, 2006, 11:33 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jordi

2006 August 22 wrote:
But I am looking for flight from Rome to Paris.
Ryan Air is much less than standard airlines.
Or, can you suggest any other way?

Air Berlin and Easyjet fly the route.

And keep in mind Ryanair flies from Beauvais (some 70 km. away from
Paris)

J.

Old October 13th, 2006, 05:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
2006 August 22

Wow, again, Friday, October 13, 2006, 9:35AM Pacific Standard Time
Cannot find this web site and unable to load again.
http://www.ryanair.com/

Do they turn off their web server after hours often?

How do you compare RyanAir with Southwest Airline and JetBlue?

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:34:48 GMT, "2006 August 22"
wrote:

Ryanair and customer service. ROFL!
--

Martin

Old October 13th, 2006, 05:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Padraig Breathnach

"2006 August 22" wrote:

How do you compare RyanAir with Southwest Airline and JetBlue?

I can't, but Michael O'Leary (CE of Ryanair) is known to have studied
Southwest's business model as something for Ryanair to adopt.

Old October 13th, 2006, 06:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_1_]

"2006 August 22" wrote in message
Wow, again, Friday, October 13, 2006, 9:35AM Pacific Standard Time
Cannot find this web site and unable to load again.
http://www.ryanair.com/

Do they turn off their web server after hours often?

How do you compare RyanAir with Southwest Airline and JetBlue?

Southwest and Jetblue are real airlines. Ryanair is a bad joke. In
comparison, I would rate Southwest 8/10, JetBlue 9/10 and Ryanair 0/10.
Avoid them.

JohnT

Old October 13th, 2006, 06:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Lennart Petersen

"2006 August 22" skrev i meddelandet
Wow, again, Friday, October 13, 2006, 9:35AM Pacific Standard Time
Cannot find this web site and unable to load again.
http://www.ryanair.com/

There's no problem here and it's to my experience always available.

Do they turn off their web server after hours often?

------------
Don't think so. Beware they've on average around 100 000 passenger a day
and most of them book over the net. So naturally the server must be on
and available 24h. As I've said you must have some form of a local
problem ?

Old October 14th, 2006, 06:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
A J Smith

And again, Saturday, October 14, 2006, 10:24AM Pacific Standard Time
Problem loading this web site.
http://www.ryanair.com/

ISP = San Francisco Comcast.com High Speed Cable Internet Service.
Browser = Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and Firefox 1.5

Do they turn off their server after office hours?