Rome, Paris & London city maps

Old October 21st, 2006, 07:15 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
2001j

Default Rome, Paris & London city maps

Can you please tell me where to request Rome, Paris & London city maps? We
are interested in subway & bus maps and tourist sightseeing maps. Also
typical sightseeing activities. For the map, we wish detail in English.

Thank you.

Old October 21st, 2006, 07:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Calif Bill

"2001j" wrote in message
m...
Can you please tell me where to request Rome, Paris & London city maps? We
are interested in subway & bus maps and tourist sightseeing maps. Also
typical sightseeing activities. For the map, we wish detail in English.

Thank you.

Do not know where to request them, but in Rome, we bought a city transit map
at the hotel. Very good map. When we drove back from Cinque Terre, allowed
us to easily get to Termini to turn in the car.

Old October 21st, 2006, 08:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JuanElorza[_2_]

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 18:15:04 +0000, 2001j wrote*:

Can you please tell me where to request Rome, Paris & London city maps? We
are interested in subway & bus maps and tourist sightseeing maps. Also
typical sightseeing activities. For the map, we wish detail in English.

Thank you.

http://en.parisinfo.com/paris_map/ See the map at the bottom of the page.
Detailed maps (zoom in, zoom out) at mappy http://www4.mappy.com/?lang=en
Historical Paris Map
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/arthistor...ses/parismaps/
Once in paris you can buy maps in any book store, or in Galleries
Lafayette, Monoprix, Fnacs, and at IGN (geographical institute) rue de
Berri just next to Champs Elysées.
IGN online map store
http://www.ign.fr/rubrique.asp?rbr_id=1&lng_id=EN

--
Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do
it himself. -- A.H. Weiler

Old October 21st, 2006, 08:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake

2001j wrote:

Can you please tell me where to request Rome, Paris & London city
maps? We are interested in subway & bus maps and tourist sightseeing
maps. Also typical sightseeing activities. For the map, we wish
detail in English.

If you want to get maps before you go to these places, you can buy Michelin
maps from places liek amazon.com.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Old October 21st, 2006, 08:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JuanElorza[_2_]

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 18:15:04 +0000, 2001j wrote*:

Can you please tell me where to request Rome, Paris & London city maps? We
are interested in subway & bus maps and tourist sightseeing maps. Also
typical sightseeing activities. For the map, we wish detail in English.

Thank you.

Paris Transport map
http://en.parisinfo.com/paris_map/
This site had a map but I cannot find where any more
http://www.paris-anglo.com/
This one too
http://magicparis.com/default.html

Old October 21st, 2006, 09:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Donald Newcomb

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
news
Do not know where to request them, but in Rome, we bought a city transit

map
at the hotel. Very good map. When we drove back from Cinque Terre,

allowed
us to easily get to Termini to turn in the car.

There used to be several good PDF maps on the Rome transit webiste. Don't
know if they're still there or not.

--
Donald R. Newcomb
DRNewcomb (at) attglobal (dot) net

Old October 21st, 2006, 11:43 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
2001j

We need printed maps so that we can carry with us during the trip.
Also, we need Paris & Rome subway maps in English.
We need tourist maps showing sightseeing spots.

Old October 22nd, 2006, 12:12 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake

2001j wrote:

We need printed maps so that we can carry with us during the trip.
Also, we need Paris & Rome subway maps in English.
We need tourist maps showing sightseeing spots.

My favorite map of Rome, by far, is the Michelin Atlante Tascabile. It's
pocket-sized and spiral-bound, rather than fold-up, so it doesn't fall apart
after a few unfoldings. It's also the most complete and most detailed of any
map of Rome I've seen, and includes subway maps and sightsighseeing
locations.

I got mine from Amazon.com

Old October 22nd, 2006, 12:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Venthi

"2001j" wrote in message
m...

Can you please tell me where to request Rome, Paris & London city maps?
We
are interested in subway & bus maps and tourist sightseeing maps. Also
typical sightseeing activities. For the map, we wish detail in English.

I know this might sound like something from the 'University Of The Bleeding
Obvious' but did it cross your mind to try Google. For Example:
www.amazon.co.uk is knee deep in maps of anywhere you can think of.

Old October 22nd, 2006, 12:32 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
2001j

Can you tell me the tourist visitor office offers any tourist maps?
What are the Rome, Paris & London tourist offices?

There are similar office called Visitors' Bureau in California.