any info on U-Save rental car in NZ?

Old May 26th, 2005, 09:35 AM
grayseal

Default any info on U-Save rental car in NZ?

Besides recommendations for Ace rentals and ARF, I've also heard of USave.
Does anybody have any experience, good or bad, with renting a car from that
firm? Is it reliable? Their prices seem to be very economic, especially for
a long term hire.

thanks

gratienne

Old May 28th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Scotty

"grayseal" wrote in message
Besides recommendations for Ace rentals and ARF, I've also heard of USave.
Does anybody have any experience, good or bad, with renting a car from
that
firm? Is it reliable? Their prices seem to be very economic, especially
for
a long term hire.

thanks

gratienne

For long term hire just buy a car they are so damn cheap there at the
moment. You can buy a reliable 1.6 corrolla in decent nick for around the
$3-4k mark and still be able to sell it at the last minute for at least $2-3
after 6 months.Even when you fully insure it and pay for the runnign costs
its really very cheap compared to a rental, if doing this way an AA
membership is a must in case something does give way. Unlikely in a corrolla
though.

Old May 29th, 2005, 12:35 PM
grayseal

For long term hire just buy a car they are so damn cheap there at the
moment. You can buy a reliable 1.6 corrolla in decent nick for around the
$3-4k mark and still be able to sell it at the last minute for at least

$2-3
after 6 months.Even when you fully insure it and pay for the runnign costs
its really very cheap compared to a rental, if doing this way an AA
membership is a must in case something does give way. Unlikely in a

corrolla
though.

I've considered buying a car but I'm breaking almost even renting one
especially as I can divide the rent by two.
Secondly, though I plan on a four months visit, I don't have the spare time
to hunt for a reliable car and neither do I have the time at the end of my
trip to stay around untill it's sold. A buy back company is an option but I
don't know how good they are and which ones are the dependable ones.

thanks
gratienne

Old May 30th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Neil Raines

Buy at auction and sell at auction. It may take 2-3 days to find the right
car, and the same to sell and collect your money. Buyback offers can not
always be trusted. The auction companies such as Turners promise little, but
can be trusted.

For long term hire just buy a car they are so damn cheap there at the
moment. You can buy a reliable 1.6 corolla in decent nick for around the
$3-4k mark and still be able to sell it at the last minute for at least

$2-3
after 6 months.Even when you fully insure it and pay for the running
costs
its really very cheap compared to a rental, if doing this way an AA
membership is a must in case something does give way. Unlikely in a

corolla
though.

I've considered buying a car but I'm breaking almost even renting one
especially as I can divide the rent by two.
Secondly, though I plan on a four months visit, I don't have the spare
time
to hunt for a reliable car and neither do I have the time at the end of my
trip to stay around until it's sold. A buy back company is an option but I

Old May 30th, 2005, 07:32 PM
grayseal

"Neil Raines" wrote in message
Buy at auction and sell at auction. It may take 2-3 days to find the right
car, and the same to sell and collect your money. Buyback offers can not
always be trusted. The auction companies such as Turners promise little,

but
can be trusted.

Yes, but I don't have four or six days in surplus, that's the problem. I
have a bit more leeway at the end of my trip but not at the start.

gratienne

Old June 2nd, 2005, 09:57 AM
Scotty

Sounds like the way to go is plain and simple. call ahead and bargain the
rental guy for the cheapest car you can get for the time ya need it.

No hassels, no worries, but as with everything else in life you pay for the
conveinience.

Enjoy your trip.

Old June 2nd, 2005, 07:19 PM
grayseal

Sounds like the way to go is plain and simple. call ahead and bargain the
rental guy for the cheapest car you can get for the time ya need it.

No hassels, no worries, but as with everything else in life you pay for

the
conveinience.

Enjoy your trip.

Thank you very much, and I'll try to :-) I'll be like a kid in a candy store
:-)

gratienne