Long Stay Visa complications

Old June 6th, 2005, 12:14 AM

Default Long Stay Visa complications

Hello,

I received a request from the Australian Embassy in Washington DC
stating that they need a letter from my employer saying that Leave of
Absence has been granted and that I will be returning to my current
employment.

I will not have this because I am quitting my job. Has anyone else had
any complications and does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to
how likely it is that I will be granted a 6 month visa?

Thank you very much!

Old June 6th, 2005, 03:38 AM
Burke&Wills

Yes - which was rather amusing since I am self-employed.....I just wrote a
letter (on my letterhead, with my own name), saying that I (the employer)
knew and approved that I (the traveler) was going on a longish trip to
Australia. Sincerely, me.

oups.com...

Old June 6th, 2005, 04:33 AM

haha, unfortunately i am going to be unemployed. i hope they will
still approve me!

Old June 6th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

wrote in message
ups.com...
haha, unfortunately i am going to be unemployed. i hope they will
still approve me!

We don't like dole bludgers in Australia!
So the answer is NO!
:-)

Gerrit

Old June 6th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Burke&Wills

You will probably also need proof of onward funds - in my case, a letter
from the bank showing a balance at a particular time. If that's healthy
enough, they probably won't much care what you do (have done) for a crust.
It'll probably come down to passing the smell test with whatever consular
official gets your application.

ups.com...

Old June 7th, 2005, 12:27 AM

Well, i got a response from the immigration person. What you mentioned
(evidence of funds) is certainly important, but a different requirement
is the incentive to return to your homeland. In this case, an LOA from
the company is the best and cleanest way. Second would be proof that
you have family residing here or mortgage/lease papers on your house or
something.

Old June 7th, 2005, 01:30 AM
A Mate

The truth is the largest number of 'overstayers' in Australia are from the
UK/Ireland!! and they're drinking all the coldest beer, stealing all the
best chicks!!!

Stay Home Pommie B*$%#&d!!!

ups.com...