Euro's or Sterling ?

Old September 20th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Miss L. Toe

"ghptravel.com" wrote in message
Why not just take your creditcard (or bankcard) and just use an atm? I
always feel that it works much easier. and it works almost everywhere

(even
in India it wasn't a problem (in the big city's))

Until you loose them.

Take Euros cash changed before you go, and your ATM and credit cards
(separately) for more later.

Old September 20th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Mark Hewitt

"Miss L. Toe" wrote in message

"ghptravel.com" wrote in message
Why not just take your creditcard (or bankcard) and just use an atm? I
always feel that it works much easier. and it works almost everywhere

(even
in India it wasn't a problem (in the big city's))

Until you loose them.

Take Euros cash changed before you go, and your ATM and credit cards
(separately) for more later.

Do banks usually charge a fee for withdrawing Euro's abroad?

I know to avoid ATM's in hotels etc, they always charge a silly fee.

Old September 20th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Miss L. Toe

"Mark Hewitt" wrote in message

"Miss L. Toe" wrote in message

"ghptravel.com" wrote in message
Why not just take your creditcard (or bankcard) and just use an atm? I
always feel that it works much easier. and it works almost everywhere

(even
in India it wasn't a problem (in the big city's))

Until you loose them.

Take Euros cash changed before you go, and your ATM and credit cards
(separately) for more later.

Do banks usually charge a fee for withdrawing Euro's abroad?

Some do and some don't and those that don't often use a different exchange
rate so they get you anyway !

It always amazes me when people concentrate on the fee and ignore the rate
they are getting.

Old September 20th, 2004, 12:13 PM
The Reids

Following up to Mark Hewitt

Do banks usually charge a fee for withdrawing Euro's abroad?

I think most build it into the exchange rate.
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Lake district-Thames path-London "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old September 20th, 2004, 12:30 PM
The Reids

Following up to Miss L. Toe

It always amazes me when people concentrate on the fee and ignore the rate
they are getting.

we were in a restro and they messed up the transaction and put it
through twice, then a credit. We ended up £5 out of pocket
because they used different exchange rates! They credited the
difference in the end but never acknowledged that cancellation is
cancellation, not a separate transaction.

Old September 20th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Fustanella

What is best to take to Tenerife ? ? ?:

An ATM card, a PIN with four digits (not more or letters) and the
realization that travelers' checks have gone the way of the Spruce Goose now
that cashpoints are on every street corner. If you choose your card provider
wisely, you'll get decent exchange rates and no- or low-fee transactions.