Euro's or Sterling ?

Old October 6th, 2004, 08:57 AM
The Reids

Following up to "nightjar"

There are so few banks now I go weeks without passing one when
open (at least not on foot or with a hope of parking). I have a
cheque and some out of date notes to pay in that I have had for
ages. My nearest one is now a coffee shop, second nearest a tapas
bar, third nearest parking is over a mile away and usually full.

There are three banks on my local High Street; five if you count ex-building
societies turned bank, all within a two minute walk of each other. The
parking is free, limited to two hours, if you get a time of arrival disk
from any of the local shops. Only during high tourist season is there any
problem with parking and then I might have to pay to park at one of the
slightly more distant car parks.

your lucky then. Of the branches left here, both are in major
shopping centres some distance away, involving a drive, a
"parking experience" and a walk, very time consuming.
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Lake district-Thames path-London "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site