Where to exchange currency in Paris?

Old January 2nd, 2005, 11:07 PM
Brett

Default Where to exchange currency in Paris?

Where is the best place to exchange money in Paris? I've heard airports can
be expensive. I'll exchange US Dollars for Euros.

Also, should the exchange be done in the US before I leave?

Thanks,
Brett

Old January 3rd, 2005, 12:03 AM
S Viemeister

Brett wrote:

Where is the best place to exchange money in Paris? I've heard airports can
be expensive. I'll exchange US Dollars for Euros.

Also, should the exchange be done in the US before I leave?

The best place to exchange money in Paris is at a cash machine, using your
ATM card, and of course you can use credit cards for many expenses. It's
not a bad idea to exchange a _small_ amount of money before you leave.

Old January 3rd, 2005, 01:32 AM
Calif Bill

"Brett" wrote in message
Where is the best place to exchange money in Paris? I've heard airports

can
be expensive. I'll exchange US Dollars for Euros.

Also, should the exchange be done in the US before I leave?

Thanks,
Brett

I take a few dollars as backup and I will need some when I return anyway.
To do's: Notify your bank you are leaving the country, and make sure that
your ATM is a 4 digit PIN number. I raised the daily rate on withdrawals.
Notify your Credit Card company that you will be in Europe and for how long.
Stops some of the Security stoppage of your card that you will have to
straighten out to use again. There are ATM's at the airport, is the best
rate on exchange you will get. CDG has a couple. I also booked a shuttle
to my hotel before I left. A little more cost than the train and taxi
combo, cheaper than taxi only, but more comfortable after a long flight.
Bill

Old January 3rd, 2005, 02:25 AM
Brett

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...

"Brett" wrote in message
[...]

I'll be at CDG. How exactly did you go about booking the shuttle?

Also, where do I look to find the cash machines in CDG? What are the
exchange fees or do they depend on the bank?

How do I find cash machines to exchange currency while in Paris?

Thanks,
Brett

Old January 3rd, 2005, 02:44 AM
Dave Smith

Brett wrote:

exchange fees or do they depend on the bank?

How do I find cash machines to exchange currency while in Paris?

Just walk down the street. Where there are banks there are ATMs.