6 weeks vac.

Old February 3rd, 2005, 02:01 PM
skip lynch

Default 6 weeks vac.

hi if you had 6 weeks vac. were in s/america or c/ america would you
go??. thanks

Old February 3rd, 2005, 03:16 PM
Richard

"skip lynch" wrote in message

hi if you had 6 weeks vac. were in s/america or
c/ america would you go??. thanks

I'd spend it all in Mexico.

Richard

Old February 3rd, 2005, 04:36 PM
Russ

I had a pretty good time in Peru and Chile, spent a month down there by
myself. Great things to do and see.

--
Russ

Visit Alaska @ http://www.tannersacre.com

Old February 3rd, 2005, 05:09 PM
I-97

SAmerica of course.
From Arica to Punta Arenas (Chile)

Old February 4th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Georgette

Depends on how much money you have and your travel style, what kinds of
activities you enjoy, how rough you want to do it.

Me personally? If I were to go back somewhere I've already been, I'd
do Guatemala and Honduras... or Honduras and Nicaragua. If I were
branching out somewhere new, I would start in Quito and work my way
south.

If you have questions about specifics of my experiences feel free to
email me at
georgette.stovall @ gmail.com

Old February 6th, 2005, 10:16 PM
JBM

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, skip lynch wrote:

hi if you had 6 weeks vac. were in s/america or c/ america would you
go??. thanks

FWIW, the trips I would like to make in Latin America include the
following:

* Overland from Lima to Asuncion via Arequipa, Puno, La Paz, Potosi, Santa
Cruz and then the Chaco. This is a trip I've been wanting to make for
some years, but have never had the time. I understand that travel through
the Chaco is unpredictable at best. (I'd be very interested in hearing
from anybody who has in fact done this trip, from Santa Cruz to Asuncion,
via Filadelfia, i.e. more or less the route described on
http://berclo.net/page04/04en-paraguay.html.)

* Puerto Williams (Isla Navarino). Because I almost made it before, only
to be tantalizingly refused entry to the port.

* Brazil. Rio, Sao Paulo, Manaus, the North-East (and especially the site
of Canudos). Also (but I think you'd have to allow more than six weeks)
the Amazon via boat, from Belen to (say) Iquitos or the Upper Huallaga (or
vice versa).

* The Guyanas.

But that's just me. Where would *you* go?

Take care

Jon

--
Jon Beasley-Murray Latin American Studies
http://faculty.arts.ubc.ca/jbmurray/ University of British Columbia

Old February 10th, 2005, 06:37 PM
rj

Mexico - definitely!