Black and Backpacking round Europe worries

Old August 7th, 2005, 02:21 AM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and

[]
I'm sure you could have used the time better, perhaps to refine "Un
Americano in Parigi"? I think we've discussed before that the passage
where Rodolfo says "your tiny flat is freezing" needs some work.

Not least because it's _boiling_ in there!

I'm also
not sure if the Chorus of the Pedanti in Act II adds much from a
theatrical POV.

Yes. I'd prefer the Dialogues des Mixamites myself! Or, maybe L'Enfant
et les Miximeges. [That's enough 20th century French opera puns. Ed.]

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old August 7th, 2005, 09:58 AM
The Reids

Following up to chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco

they would likely get an MP. They polled
slightly under 1% of the total vote in the 2005 general election

chances are, a PR system would have a threshold? I vaguely
remember its around 5% in some countries?
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old August 7th, 2005, 09:58 AM
The Reids

Following up to Mxsmanic

Spaniards are extremely pale?

The ones I've seen vary from an "average" white to very pale, yes.

most people would say olive skinned, I think you have Mixied up
Spain and Sweden.
Old August 7th, 2005, 09:58 AM
The Reids

Following up to Mxsmanic

Blacks and whites from the United States are virtually
identical when seen by non-Americans.

I'm not American and I can tell them apart easily.

How?

the black ones have dark brown skin and the white ones have
beige/pink skin. I can do it from a distance.
Old August 7th, 2005, 11:00 AM
The Reids

Following up to Martin

Who are all the lily white skinned Spaniards that Mixi distinguishes
from South Americans so easily?

I never seem to see them, I think Mixi must be colour blind.
Old August 7th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Mxsmanic

The Reids writes:

the black ones have dark brown skin and the white ones have
beige/pink skin. I can do it from a distance.

I hadn't noticed, but I suppose you're right.
Old August 7th, 2005, 11:41 AM

Mxsmanic wrote:
Blacks and whites from the United States are virtually
identical when seen by non-Americans.

I'm ready Lord, take me now!

G;

Old August 7th, 2005, 11:46 AM

Martin wrote:
On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 09:58:44 +0100, The Reids
wrote:

Following up to Mxsmanic

Blacks and whites from the United States are virtually
identical when seen by non-Americans.

I'm not American and I can tell them apart easily.

How?

the black ones have dark brown skin and the white ones have
beige/pink skin. I can do it from a distance.

Only on rte would somebody have to explain something like this :-)

Who are all the lily white skinned Spaniards that Mixi distinguishes
from South Americans so easily?

Maybe he is thinking of the Spanish tennis player, Nadal, who beat
Argentinian Puerta in this year's French open final.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4609613.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4611171.stm

Spot the clear difference in skin hue.

G;