Mexico Shore Excursion Suggestions

Old December 10th, 2005, 05:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Mexico Shore Excursion Suggestions

We're booked on the Oosterdam 1/28/2006 Mexico cruise from San Diego.
There are two whale watching tours offered in Cabo. One is motorized
and entitled "Deluxe Costal Cruise with Whale Watching". The other is
a sailing ship and entitled "Pirate Ship Historical Sail & Whale
Watching".

Has anyone taken either of these tours? Good, bad, indifferent? We're
leaning towards the pirate ship since it sails instead of motors.
We're most interested in seeing whales so whichever gave the best
chance of sightings would be the one we'd go with.

Any idea what the water temperature would be in Cabo early Feb? Keep
in mind we live in FL so anything under 80 is considered COLD to us!

Thanks in advance,
Doug
Old December 11th, 2005, 01:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On 12/10/2005 12:42 PM Now Voyager conferred with the ghost of Faye
Wray and said:
We're booked on the Oosterdam 1/28/2006 Mexico cruise from San Diego.
There are two whale watching tours offered in Cabo. One is motorized
and entitled "Deluxe Costal Cruise with Whale Watching". The other is
a sailing ship and entitled "Pirate Ship Historical Sail & Whale
Watching".

Has anyone taken either of these tours? Good, bad, indifferent? We're
leaning towards the pirate ship since it sails instead of motors.
We're most interested in seeing whales so whichever gave the best
chance of sightings would be the one we'd go with.

Any idea what the water temperature would be in Cabo early Feb? Keep
in mind we live in FL so anything under 80 is considered COLD to us!

Thanks in advance,
Doug

Actually, a motorized Zodiac (inflatable) boat has the most
maneuverability. The sound of motor craft shouldn't spook a whale.
Just as long as the US Navy isn't conducting any deep sonar exercises
things should be ok. Deep sonar has a way of causing most marine
mammals to strand.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old December 23rd, 2005, 05:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

The water is Cabo is always pretty cold.
If you take a tour on a Mexican boat, you'll probably notice that there are
fewer life preservers than passengers..

Old December 23rd, 2005, 02:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

You didn't say which ports you will be hitting. If whale watching is on
top of your list, do it in PV.

Old December 27th, 2005, 04:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Sorry, we are visiting: Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta.

A nice restaurant for lunch would be good, a *little* shopping - not
really interested in folksy stuff or Mariachi Bands (YIKES!).

What tours on HAL's list have others taken - good or bad?

Thanks,
Doug