Princess Caye snorkeling

Old December 26th, 2005, 01:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Princess Caye snorkeling

We are cruising out of Ft. Laud. on Jan.28. I would like to save my
snorkeling time for princess caye. Can anybody tell me how it is there.
costs?
thanks, mike

Old December 26th, 2005, 03:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , Michael Fox
wrote:

We are cruising out of Ft. Laud. on Jan.28. I would like to save my
snorkeling time for princess caye. Can anybody tell me how it is there.
costs?

The snorkeling at Princess Cays is what I call practice time. There are
some fish and coral but it is not a prime snorkeling site. But I have
done a lot of snorkeling. Someone who has never snorkeled might rate it
higher. The costs would be for renting whatever equipment you need. If
you need everything that would be $20 for the day for mask, fins and
snorkel vest. If you have your own equipment you don't need to rent
except they will make you wear a vest which you would have to rent if
you don't have your own.

--
Charles
Old December 28th, 2005, 05:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

We've been through Princess Cays several times and I'd have to say Charles
summed it up pretty well. It is fun to get in the water and swim, and there
is some reef; It certainly is not at the level of other places.

There is no cost. You will be tendered to the beach and they have some
market stalls and some food (the food is free, not sure about alcohol). The
beach is nice, and there is a lot of it to walk down and back on. You can
rent wave runners and sailboats, but we've never done that and I am sure
there is a cost -- it would be on your papers from Princess.

In any case, have fun! A day at Princess Cay is a good time, and we've
always preferred going there than staying on ship all day. Also, post any
other questions you might have.

Tom
"Charles" wrote in message
d...