Just when you thought ships couldn't get bigger

Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Just when you thought ships couldn't get bigger

"Ray GoldenAd SPAMS USENET" wrote:

Earl Colby Pottinger wrote:
"Ray Goldieberg Spammer Extraordinaire" :

Dear sir, you are scum. Trying to use the name of someone you don't like to
try and make him look bad.

Imitation is the sincere form ....

You are far worse than Ray, atleast he does not hid behind a fake name to
hurt others.

Posting names are standard USENET usage. The name is as transparently
a name other than Goldenberg as his spams are spams.

I also noticed that you have posted more of this worthless replies in the
last day than Ray has posted his so-called spam in the last week. It seems
to be you spamming the newsgroup.

Then you do recognize what I do is just as spam as Ray Goldenberg's
spam then. I am at least 12,000 posts behind his spam post count.

Thank you for noticing it.

Ray GoldenAd NOT

Nope, his posts are on topic. Yours are just complaints about a matter
that I daresay has been settled to the satisfaction of most readers, and
not in the way you would like.

Jack Hamilton

-----
Though in a state of society some must have greater
luxuries and comforts than others, yet all should have
the necessities of life; and if the poor cannot exist,
in vain may the rich look for happiness or prosperity.
The legistlature is never so well employed as when they
look to the interests of those who are at a distance
from them in the ranks of society. It is their duty
to do so; religion calls for it; humanity calls for it;
and if there are hearts who are not awake to either of
those feelings, their own interests would dictate it.

Sir Lloyd Kenyon, Rex vs. Rusby, 1800
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Mark O. Polo wrote:
I have been rather busy getting ready for a safari in two weeks.

Wow! I didn't know there were safari CRUISES vbg!!

Okay, I guess you're allowed to stray once in a while ;-) .

~ Peri
Old May 2nd, 2006, 01:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Mon, 01 May 2006 19:35:48 -0400, Peri
wrote:

Wow! I didn't know there were safari CRUISES vbg!!

Hi Peri,

Several cruise lines combine safari/cruises. Check it out with your
favorite travel agent. ;+)

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old May 2nd, 2006, 01:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Dillon:

Bound for Kenya ... Nairobi/Masai Mara/Amboseli/Tsavo and points in
between staying in hotels and tented lodges. Last year safaried South
Africa, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe so it has become an addiction of
sorts. But no lethal weapons involved and the only shooting will be by
Nikon.

Aloha

Old May 2nd, 2006, 01:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Peri:

Never heard of a safari in a sea of grasses? Actually, did an
abbreviated visit to Tsavo NP from Mombasa a few years ago from a cruise
ship but overnight was not enough. However, be assured I did look for a
possible ship connection.

Aloha

Old May 2nd, 2006, 02:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

At least it is interesting reading and not something about dividends or
earnings and does not have the request to visit his website added to it! G
Jim

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article .net,
John Sisker wrote:

We came across this information in the trades and thought it would be of
interest to this newsgroup as well.

It is not from the "trades". You copied a copyrighted article from the
Los Angelas Times by Mary Lu Abbott.

--
Charles

Old May 2nd, 2006, 01:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In answer to some trying to point out that this original post was not from
the trades at all, but from an article from the Los Angeles Times, by Mary
Lu Abbott. That statement is only half correct. While obvious, now the Los
Angeles Time and this Mary Lu Abbott has thus received any due credit
seemingly deserved, it was apparently reprinted in the trades, for that's
how it was originally found. As for copyrighted information, I've already
addressed that; with personal inquiries, selected feed-back and written
permission from these numerous trades. I just hope others have done the same
as well.

The "trades" as some sarcastically want to know, is indeed numerous
publications, which may include Travel Weekly, but all are intended for
circulation to just those of us in the business. They are normally free
publications to qualifying agencies, or at a nominal price, and are not
circulated to the general public. I use the word "trades" because, for the
most part, few outside this inner circle will even know of them anyway, and
besides there are just too many to list. By the way, this also included news
releases from the cruise lines as well.

As to the so-called proper way to present copyrighted information, so now
you're telling us that Ray is in violation, but this Marco Polo was and is
not? Likewise, as for a request to visit my Website, that is called a
signature line, and is indeed allowed as part of the governing rules of this
newsgroup. And besides, if Ray can get away with it, why can't the rest of
us? In fact, the one who brought this up is doing the very same thing. How
does that old saying go? What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Yet, enough said about all this trivia stuff. Even if others can't or chose
not to, it is time to move on, or at least try to address the information in
the original post. Not one of the responses even considered the original
subject matter at all; so apparently to some, ships are not getting bigger,
but their ability to delve into other matters is. For this post, it's either
bigger ships or nothing.

John Sisker
SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll free at
(800) 724-6644 & (pagoo ID: 714.536.3850)
http://www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Old May 2nd, 2006, 03:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Tue, 02 May 2006 12:39:12 GMT, "John Sisker"
wrote:

As to the so-called proper way to present copyrighted information, so now
you're telling us that Ray is in violation, but this Marco Polo was and is
not?

Hi John,

You are very confused. I post press releases. They are NOT
copyrighted and ARE intended by the publishers to be distributed. You
are posting copyrighted material which is the publisher/writer's
property. I & Marco post a link to the copyrighted material. There
is a big difference in that you violate a copyright and I do not.

Old May 2nd, 2006, 04:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote:

As to the so-called proper way to present copyrighted information, so now
you're telling us that Ray is in violation, but this Marco Polo was and is
not?

Hi John,

You are very confused. I post press releases. They are NOT
copyrighted and ARE intended by the publishers to be distributed. You
are posting copyrighted material which is the publisher/writer's
property. I & Marco post a link to the copyrighted material. There
is a big difference in that you violate a copyright and I do not.

Technically they ARE copyrighted, under US Law. However, with press
releases there is an understanding that, by their nature, the copyright
is waived. I know I am anal retentive about this.. sorry.