tips for a hotel on bali

Old December 9th, 2006, 10:49 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
erpee

Default tips for a hotel on bali

who can recommend a hotel on bali, directly on the beach:
- with a nice beach = not in the candidasa area ?
- not in the overdeveloped kuta/legian/seminyak area.

We like smaller hotels (50 rooms or so), nicely designed and decorated. Budget 100 usd per day / room incl breakfast.

any ideas ?

Thanks!

RePa

Old December 10th, 2006, 11:44 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
A Mate

Mate - hunt about a bit! $100 USD per day will buy you 5* accommodation at Kuta and Nusa Dua (Sanur too!); and Seminyak and Candi desa (tho' I'd stay well away from that decaying ruin!) - even Ubud (no beach there tho'! In short anywhere on the island pretty well.

One stand out that meets your criteria is: Le Meridien at Tanah Lot. Search for specials there - :-

https://www.baliresorts.com/data/sem...nahlot/69.html

Have fun!

Old December 12th, 2006, 01:02 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
u2

"erpee" wrote in message . nl...
who can recommend a hotel on bali, directly on the beach:
- with a nice beach = not in the candidasa area ?
- not in the overdeveloped kuta/legian/seminyak area.

We like smaller hotels (50 rooms or so), nicely designed and decorated. Budget 100 usd per day / room incl breakfast.

any ideas ?

Thanks!

RePa

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C71C97.A34647C0

Dear Repa

Try the Lokha hotel, it is 49 room with modren minimalized design .pls
see www.thelokha.com

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
META content="MSHTML 6.00.5730.11" name=GENERATOR
STYLE/STYLE
/HEAD
BODY bgColor=#ffffff
DIVFONT face=Arial size=2What sort of beach do you want?  Surf beach,
calm water?  I'd stay away from Sanur - the beach there is crap - no surf,
not much sand either!/FONT/DIV
BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"
DIV"erpee" <A
"ervedepe@tiscali .nl/A> wrote in message
s.tiscali.nl/A.../DIV
DIVFONT face="Franklin Gothic Medium" color=#0000ffwho can recommend a
hotel on bali, directly on the beach:/FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face="Franklin Gothic Medium" color=#0000ff- with a nice beach
= not in the candidasa area ?/FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face="Franklin Gothic Medium" color=#0000ff- not in the
overdeveloped kuta/legian/seminyak area./FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face="Franklin Gothic Medium" color=#0000ff/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT face="Franklin Gothic Medium" color=#0000ffWe like smaller hotels
(50 rooms or so), nicely designed and decorated. Budget 100 usd per day / room
incl breakfast./FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face="Franklin Gothic Medium" color=#0000ff/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT face="Franklin Gothic Medium" color=#0000ffany ideas
?/FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face="Franklin Gothic Medium" color=#0000ff/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT face="Franklin Gothic Medium" color=#0000ffThanks!/FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face="Franklin Gothic Medium" color=#0000ff/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT face="Franklin Gothic Medium"
color=#0000ffRePa/FONT/DIV/BLOCKQUOTE/BODY/HTML

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C71C97.A34647C0--

Old December 16th, 2006, 12:05 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
happy wanderer

Have you considered renting a villa rather than staying in an hotel?
Holiday Homes Direct http://www.holiday-homes-direct.com has a villa
with maid service in CANGGU, PERERENAN, BALI. The villa is 5 minutes
away from a surf beach at Echo Beach, although the villa itself is
located in a secluded traditional village setting, not a touristy area.
The villa manager is available most days to arrange tours, shopping,
diving etc. Property Reference on Holiday Homes Direct is 1288.

If you have a home of your own which you would consider offering for a
home swap holiday, the same villa is offered for exchange on GTI Home
Exchange @ http://www.gti-home-exchange.com