cruises-n-more

Old March 7th, 2007, 09:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

Default cruises-n-more

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 21:40:46 GMT, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:

Ray, to be fair, I think that his sentence below tell us all that is the
case..He is not hiding anything or selling cruises, just commenting on the
company's reliability.
I'm a bit surprised that you replied in such a way.

Hi Jean,

I am sorry you feel that way but I do disagree. No where did he admit
that he sold them advertising, just that he had a newsletter.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old March 7th, 2007, 10:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
Hi Jean,

I am sorry you feel that way but I do disagree. No where did he admit
that he sold them advertising, just that he had a newsletter.

Hi Ray,
And I have to respectfully disagree...with as many posts that you post here
nearly every day, you do not seem to think of it as advertising and yet you
begrudge Cruisemates from mentioning the authenticity of some one who
advertises in their newsletter...That is what bothers me.

--Jean

Old March 8th, 2007, 12:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jim

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 13:03:56 -0500, "jim"
wrote:

At least Cruises-n-more actually pays for advertising instead of
advertising
for free in this newsgroup like you do.

Hi Jimmy,

I see you are not over those that did not succumb to your threats when
you were "National Sales Manager".

Best regards,
Ray
SpamHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-0017 or 805-566-0005
http://www.spamhousetravel.com
--

That is a damn lie. You cannot find a single TA to state that I ever
threatened anyone. On the contrary, there are quite a few TA's here that

Old March 8th, 2007, 12:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jim

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
Hi Jean,

I am sorry you feel that way but I do disagree. No where did he admit
that he sold them advertising, just that he had a newsletter.

Hi Ray,
And I have to respectfully disagree...with as many posts that you post
here nearly every day, you do not seem to think of it as advertising and
yet you begrudge Cruisemates from mentioning the authenticity of some one
who advertises in their newsletter...That is what bothers me.

--Jean

And he lies Jean! You know a number of TA's here and I contacted many of
them when I was selling advertising space at Cruisemates. BTW That is the
same as selling space in a newspaper IMHO as it is those fees that keep that
website up and running. Ask Leppa or Cal Ford or any of the others if I ever
threatened them in any manner. I was always very nice and if they bought
space or not, I always was willing to help them in any way I could and told
them so.
Jim

Old March 8th, 2007, 01:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"jim" wrote

You know a number of TA's here and I contacted many of them when I was
selling advertising space at Cruisemates. BTW That is the same as selling
space in a newspaper IMHO as it is those fees that keep that website up and
running. Ask Leppa or Cal Ford or any of the others if I ever threatened
them in any manner. I was always very nice and if they bought space or not,
I always was willing to help them in any way I could and told them so.
Jim

FWIW, Jim is correct in that he and I have always had a cordial
relationship and in the few times we had any dealings of a business nature
there were never any misunderstandings or coercions of any kind. I don't
agree with Jim all the time and I kind of have to scratch my head when he
and Ray go at it. I have a lot of respect for Ray as an agent... and I like
Jim and the constant sniping doesn't do either one of them any good in my
opinion.

And since I don't have a dog in this fight, that's all I have to say about
that.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

April 29, 2007 GGC2007 http://cruisemaster.com/pride.htm
October 14, 2007 MOAGC 3 - http://www.moagc-3.com
January 20, 2008 - Adventure - http://cruisemaster.com/adventure.htm

Old March 8th, 2007, 01:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
cruisemates

This board is full of professional cruise people, that is the only
thing that makes it worthwhile reading. Anyone who comes here
regularly knows who the players are. Is it really necessary that we
always put a disclaimer on every post about who we are and what we do
for a living?

I go to other newsgroups, such as alt.guitar.amps, and it is full of
professionals talking about audio and no one gets upset about anyone's
identity. They just stick to the topic.

All this noise that has been going on in this board over the last year
has really ruined it, but I don't care, its better for our CruiseMates
Message Boards that way. Snipe away, the more the better.

There are people in this board I have "known" online for years, and I
don't have any anomousity against any of them. Some of them I
correspond with regularly and really enjoy their perspective.
Sometimes we disagree, but I certainly don't let it bother me after
the dust settles. Out of sight, out of mind.

Contributed by Paul Motter; editor of CruiseMates, recently acquired
by Internet Brands, so author is no longer selling advertising at all.
He is a paid consultant and part of his job is formatting the bargains
newsletter that goes out every week and usually contains offers
submitted by 10 or more different cruise agencies to the advertising
department at the parent company.

Old March 8th, 2007, 02:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On 8 Mar 2007 05:55:53 -0800, "cruisemates"
wrote:

Contributed by Paul Motter; editor of CruiseMates, recently acquired
by Internet Brands, so author is no longer selling advertising at all.
He is a paid consultant and part of his job is formatting the bargains
newsletter that goes out every week and usually contains offers
submitted by 10 or more different cruise agencies to the advertising
department at the parent company.

Hi Paul,

I apologize to you and everyone else that was offended by my original
reply.

Old March 8th, 2007, 02:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
F[_2_]

HOLY ****Mark this day down in history
Old March 9th, 2007, 08:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jim

wrote:

Contributed by Paul Motter; editor of CruiseMates, recently acquired
by Internet Brands, so author is no longer selling advertising at all.
He is a paid consultant and part of his job is formatting the bargains
newsletter that goes out every week and usually contains offers
submitted by 10 or more different cruise agencies to the advertising
department at the parent company.

Hi Paul,

I apologize to you and everyone else that was offended by my original
reply.

Best regards,
Ray LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
--

HOLY ****Mark this day down in history

It's a start! I wonder if he will apologize and admit that I never
threatened him in any manner concerning advertising?
Jim

Old March 9th, 2007, 12:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"jim" wrote

It's a start! I wonder if he will apologize and admit that I never
threatened him in any manner concerning advertising?
Jim

FWIW... when someone offers an olive branch, it is generally bad form to
sharpen it and poke him with it.

Lighten up, Jim. Life is too damn short.