How do I avoid looking and acting American while traveling in Europe?

Old July 8th, 2004, 12:25 PM
BfB

Default There is no constitutional right...

"FreeIreland" wrote in message
om...

More U.S. teens aged 15-19 die of gunshot wounds than of all natural
causes combined, and firearms are involved in 65% of all suicides
among persons under the age of 25.

Accidental Deaths: Motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of death
among teens. Almost 50 percent of these are alcohol-related
Kann, L., Collins, J., Collins Pateman, B., Leavy Small, M., Ross, J., and
Kolbe, L. (1995). The School Health Policies and Programs Study (SHPPS):
Rationale for a Nationwide Status Report on School Health Programs, Journal
of School Health, 65 (Number 8), 291-294.
Your stats can be refuted one by one.

Old July 8th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Séimí mac Liam

"westprog" wrote in
:

"Stuart Grey" wrote in message
27.77...

What are you talking about? Can't go to shops? ?

Yes, there are people enslaved by their families, by their husbands,
by gangs, by criminals - sometimes under the threat of violence,
sometimes not. They have rights under the constitution which they are
unable to exercise. They are less free than I am, even with my
political restrictions.

J/

SOTW: "The Whore's Hustle And The Hustler's Whore" - P.J. Harvey

http://homepage.eircom.net/~albedo1/...eon_award.html

How is it man is born free, yet we find him everywhere in chains?

--
Saint Séimí mac Liam
Carriagemaker to the court of Queen Maeve
Old July 8th, 2004, 01:11 PM
westprog

"Séimí mac Liam" wrote in message
"westprog" wrote in
:

"Stuart Grey" wrote in message
27.77...

What are you talking about? Can't go to shops? ?

Yes, there are people enslaved by their families, by their husbands,
by gangs, by criminals - sometimes under the threat of violence,
sometimes not. They have rights under the constitution which they are
unable to exercise. They are less free than I am, even with my
political restrictions.

How is it man is born free, yet we find him everywhere in chains?

Because when one man sees another man, he sees someone who can be a danger
to him free, and an asset enslaved.

Old July 12th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Thomas Raml

Default How do I avoid looking and acting American while traveling in Europe?

Miguel Cruz wrote:

Gunner wrote:
"No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a
110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is
that evil?

I am willing to entertain your proposal that guns only be made
available to women weighing 110 pounds or less.

miguel

hey, keep it easy,

citation above above is from a Science Fiction Book Series from L.Neil
Smith started in 1980, good reading, holds his plot through, but the
implicant assumptions of a "rational" (the ones who carry weapons and
use them thoughtfully) homo sapiens is naturally not compliant with
real life. Complete series = 6 books. (read them)

Anyway, good science fiction

lg Tom

--
Nobody is perfect
not even in failing
Old July 23rd, 2004, 02:02 AM
erilar

In article , Strabo
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 10:27:14 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

I work out regularly with a martial arts known as Jodo. Short staff
fighting. Oddly enough..this works very well with a pool cue.
So in my hands..is a pool cue a weapon, or a tool?

A broom or mop handle is also about the same length as a jo. I cut one
off for a jo class. I prefer a bo, though 8-)

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar)

You can't reason with someone whose first line of argument
is that reason doesn't count. Isaac Asimov

Erilar's Cave Annex: http://www.airstreamcomm.net/~erilarlo