Thailand weather - when are good times to go?

Old May 5th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Bill Moore

Default Thailand weather - when are good times to go?

Hello -

I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Thailand
and would like to go at a time when it is not going to be
raining every day. I would expect to be in Bangkok and surrounding
Gulf of Thailand beach areas.

A Thai friend suggested I go during October-December, and
that before then it would be monsoon season. The guidebooks
talk a lot about the monsoons as well.

When in general are good times to go to Thailand (Bangkok) in terms
of temperature and rainfall? I'd rather avoid intense heat/humidity
and constant rainfall. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm trying to
get a general feel for the weather there. Thanks much.

Bill Moore

Old May 5th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Bill Moore

In article ,
Thomas F. Unke wrote:
(Bill Moore) writes:

Hello -

I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Thailand
and would like to go at a time when it is not going to be
raining every day. I would expect to be in Bangkok and surrounding
Gulf of Thailand beach areas.

A Thai friend suggested I go during October-December, and
that before then it would be monsoon season. The guidebooks
talk a lot about the monsoons as well.

When in general are good times to go to Thailand (Bangkok) in terms
of temperature and rainfall? I'd rather avoid intense heat/humidity
and constant rainfall. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm trying to
get a general feel for the weather there. Thanks much.

Believe your fried. Most tourists come during November-February for
obvious reasons.

But it can be also pleasant, if humid, during July/August.

Thanks for the response. Is it exceptionally rainy during
July/August? If so, what kind of rain is it? For example,
Hawaii sometimes has rains that are sporadic during the day
and are more like misting. Quite pleasant. Is the Thai July/August
weather typically downpouring rain all day, or....? Thanks.

Old May 6th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Brian Orion

" Hello -
I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Thailand and would
like to go at a time when it is not going to be raining every day. I
would expect to be in Bangkok and surrounding Gulf of Thailand beach
areas.
A Thai friend suggested I go during October-December, and that before
then it would be monsoon season. The guidebooks talk a lot about the
monsoons as well.
When in general are good times to go to Thailand (Bangkok) in terms of
temperature and rainfall? I'd rather avoid intense heat/humidity and
constant rainfall. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm trying to get a
general feel for the weather there. Thanks much.
Bill Moore"
Hi Bill.I went to Thailand in late Nov-early Feb.and there wasn't one
day of rain.This is thier "cool season" but being from California,and
never having experienced humidity,it felt anything but "cool".The beach
areas may be different.Talk more with your Thai friend,he ought to know!

Old May 6th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Bill Moore

In article ,
Brian Orion wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the response, Brian.

I am also from California but I am quite familiar with humidity from
back East. How is the insect situation compared to California? Much
worse, I'm guessing. Sounds like the cool season is the right time
for me to go.

Old May 6th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Jan

"Bill Moore" wrote in message
In article ,
Brian Orion wrote:
[...]

I have friends who live part of the year near Pattaya. They come back to the
UK May- October as it is too Humid/ Hot/Wet- take your pick!!. We visited
them in March this year and it was already getting pretty humid.

Jan

Old May 20th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Brian Orion

"Thanks for the response, Brian.
I am also from California but I am quite familiar with humidity from
back East. How is the insect situation compared to California? Much
worse, I'm guessing. Sounds like the cool season is the right time for
me to go."
situation not a concern when I was there except possibly the time the
cockroaches apparently got too hot and about 100 or so began to go round
and round under our outdoor table at a restaurant in some kind of insect
frenzy.
I was bothered more by the giant spider I found about 6 inches from my
head while attempting to sleep at a quest house.I hate spiders!