If you know only one thing, know this

Old August 10th, 2005, 06:23 AM
mrtravel

Default If you know only one thing, know this

Gary L. Burnore wrote:

I worship cock

Yes,like you are really him, because he would rather post anonymously
through google, than through his own new server.

What kind of people have such sick minds that they would post this kind
of crap?
Old August 10th, 2005, 05:17 PM
RichC

"mrtravel" wrote in message
news
Gary L. Burnore wrote:

I worship cock

Yes,like you are really him, because he would rather post anonymously
through google, than through his own new server.

What kind of people have such sick minds that they would post this kind
of crap?

Question...Can any individual be blocked from posting to a particular NG?
Not so much as for this guy but there a few others. Just wondering.

Old August 10th, 2005, 05:24 PM
mrtravel

RichC wrote:
"mrtravel" wrote in message
news
Gary L. Burnore wrote:

I worship cock

Yes,like you are really him, because he would rather post anonymously
through google, than through his own new server.

What kind of people have such sick minds that they would post this kind
of crap?

Question...Can any individual be blocked from posting to a particular NG?
Not so much as for this guy but there a few others. Just wondering.

No. You can not stop someone from posting. (Actually, you might try to
stop them from posting by post bad things about them every time they
post. That way, they will get so embarrassed by it all they will stop.
The things don't have to be true, as long as a small percentage of
Usenet readers believe them. If you post through an anonymous foreign
remailer, it is difficult to get in trouble for defaming people this
way. FWIW, this is what someone is doing to me)

You can block yourself from seeing posts from certain people. Newsgroups
are served by many servers. There is no one server for a newsgroup. For
instance, your ISP would have a copy of a newsgroup on its server(s) and
this is shared with other servers.
Old August 10th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Bert Hyman

(RichC) wrote in
:

Question...Can any individual be blocked from posting to a
particular NG? Not so much as for this guy but there a few others.
Just wondering.

Unless it's a moderated newsgroup, no.

Most newsreaders have filtering capabilites that are more or less
suited to removing posts before you read them.

Also, a good case could be made to rejecting at the server all posts
from NNTP-Posting-Hosts in the range of 212.138.64.0 -
212.138.70.255.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |
Old August 10th, 2005, 07:45 PM
mrtravel

Karen wrote:

Why would anybody repeat a post they're posting about as
objectionable? Maybe some of us missed it the first time, but not the
second or third.

Geesh.

If you missed the post, then how would you know it was objectionable
unless the text was posted in the followupS?
Old August 10th, 2005, 08:22 PM
George Leppla

"mrtravel" wrote

Why would anybody repeat a post they're posting about as
objectionable? Maybe some of us missed it the first time, but not the
second or third.

Geesh.

If you missed the post, then how would you know it was objectionable
unless the text was posted in the followupS?

So let me get this straight. You re-posted an objectionable post as a
public service just so anyone who might have missed it the first time has an
opportunity to see it for themselves.

Big of you. We are so fortunate to have some one like you around who cares
so much that he duplicates crap like this just so everyone has an equal
chance to see it and be disgusted. God forbid someone miss it the first
time..... Halleluiah... we have Mr. Travel to make sure that the stench is
equally distributed to one and all.

I have pretty much stayed out of your little online wars but with this kind
of logic, I have decided that you are just as much an idiot as the person
that you claim is stalking you.

--
George in PA http://www.countryside-travel.com

The Mother of All Group Cruises 2 - http://www.moagc2.com/
May 20, 2006, Caribbean Princess - http://cruisemaster.com/caribprin.htm
October 29, 2006 - SLEAZY 4! http://cruisemaster.com/sleazy4.htm

Old August 10th, 2005, 08:26 PM
mrtravel

George Leppla wrote:
I have pretty much stayed out of your little online wars but with this kind
of logic, I have decided that you are just as much an idiot as the person
that you claim is stalking you.

Yes, I have noticed that you have said nothing when all of the garbage
was posted and reposted about me.
Old August 10th, 2005, 08:39 PM
George Leppla

"mrtravel" wrote
George Leppla wrote:
I have pretty much stayed out of your little online wars but with this
kind of logic, I have decided that you are just as much an idiot as the
person that you claim is stalking you.

Yes, I have noticed that you have said nothing when all of the garbage was
posted and reposted about me.

Well, according to your logic, I should have reposted every one of those
posts just in case someone missed them. How would anyone know they were
objectionable unless I quoted them over and over again?

Yes, I have stayed out of your business... for almost all of July I was in
South America and didn't have time for your petty crap.... but now I am home
and if it will help, I'll be glad to repost all the garbage that comes along
so everyone knows it was objectionable. Will that make you happy?

Learn to ignore the trolls or take your battle to another newsgroup. All
you are doing here is trying to put out a fire with gasoline.

Old August 11th, 2005, 02:23 AM
Charles

In article , mrtravel
wrote:

If you missed the post, then how would you know it was objectionable
unless the text was posted in the followupS?

Brilliant logic. (sarcasm) You are definitely getting close to being
added to my Bozo Bin.

--
Charles