Amerisuites Ft. Lauderdale???

Old March 26th, 2006, 05:25 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Amerisuites Ft. Lauderdale???

Hi all

Just wondering what everyone thinks about the Amerisuites Ft.
Lauderdale. Last time we stayed at the Courtyard, but I was glad we had
a car, as there were few eateries near the hotel. Looks like there my
be more near the Amerisuites.

Michael - Casper, WY

Old March 26th, 2006, 02:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Hi Michael,

We stayed at the Amerisuites two weeks ago for one night
pre-cruise. We got a rate of $99.00 through Valuetrips.com. the room
was clean, staff friendly, and rate included a breakfast buffet. The
hotel had a free shuttle to/from airport (stops at 10PM), and to the
Fort Lauderdale port. It is also within walking distance to an Outback
restaurant, a mexican restaurant and a grocery store. I hope this helps.
Debbie

To reply by e-mail remove the nospam

Old March 26th, 2006, 04:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Deb wrote:
Hi Michael,

We stayed at the Amerisuites two weeks ago for one night
pre-cruise. We got a rate of $99.00 through Valuetrips.com. the room
was clean, staff friendly, and rate included a breakfast buffet. The
hotel had a free shuttle to/from airport (stops at 10PM), and to the
Fort Lauderdale port. It is also within walking distance to an Outback
restaurant, a mexican restaurant and a grocery store. I hope this helps.

If it is near the Outback, it must be very near the Embassy Suites I
mentioned. I have heard that the Mexican rest. is very good and just a
few stores away from that is Siam House, an excellant Thai rest.

sue
Old March 26th, 2006, 07:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

AmeriSuites has been bought by Hyatt and they will remodel the one
on 10th Ave starting Apr of this year.

Sorry, but yes this is the one. Just wonder now if they will be done b
next year.

Michael - Casper, WY

Old March 26th, 2006, 07:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

We got a rate of $99.00 through Valuetrips.com. the room
was clean, staff friendly, and rate included a breakfast buffet. The
hotel had a free shuttle to/from airport (stops at 10PM), and to the
Fort Lauderdale port. It is also within walking distance to an Outback
restaurant, a mexican restaurant and a grocery store. I hope this helps.
Debbie

Thanks Debbie that does help. I had never hear of Valuetrips.com, but I
think I will give them a try, as that gate almost seems to good to be
true.

Michael - Casper, WY

Old March 26th, 2006, 07:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

If it is near the Outback, it must be very near the Embassy Suites I
mentioned. I have heard that the Mexican rest. is very good and just a
few stores away from that is Siam House, an excellant Thai rest.

sue

It is. From the rear parking lot of Embassy Suites, you can see AmeriSuites.
Old March 26th, 2006, 07:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

newbie wrote:
Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

If it is near the Outback, it must be very near the Embassy Suites I
mentioned. I have heard that the Mexican rest. is very good and just a
few stores away from that is Siam House, an excellant Thai rest.

sue

It is. From the rear parking lot of Embassy Suites, you can see
AmeriSuites.

Then the OP will have no problems.

sue
Old March 26th, 2006, 07:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Deb wrote:
Hi Michael,

We stayed at the Amerisuites two weeks ago for one night
pre-cruise. We got a rate of $99.00 through Valuetrips.com. the room
was clean, staff friendly, and rate included a breakfast buffet. The
hotel had a free shuttle to/from airport (stops at 10PM), and to the
Fort Lauderdale port. It is also within walking distance to an
Outback restaurant, a mexican restaurant and a grocery store. I hope
this helps.

If it is near the Outback, it must be very near the Embassy Suites I
mentioned. I have heard that the Mexican rest. is very good and just a
few stores away from that is Siam House, an excellant Thai rest.

sue

Sue, the Amerisuites is right across the street from the Embassy Suites.
When we cruise from FLL last summer we stayed at Amerisuites and walked
across the street to the Embassy Suites to meet some people from the
roll call.

We always eat at the mexican restaurant there. It's never crowded and
the food is good.

Bill

--
Visit my Caribbean Princess website: