you know you live in a major tourist destination when...

Old September 9th, 2006, 11:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default you know you live in a major tourist destination when...

....you have a UK-European power adapter and a bunch of chargers for
phone types you don't have, so your guests can charge their mobiles.

What else do people here have for guests? Supplies of Vegemite for
visiting Australians? Adapted plumbing for Americans who've never
seen a non-mixing tap? Coffee makers for ways of doing it you'd
never use yourself? A bidet? A Muslim prayer mat and qibla sign?
A sub to the International Herald Tribune? A local guidebook in a
foreign language?

Old September 10th, 2006, 12:10 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
S Viemeister[_1_]

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

...you have a UK-European power adapter and a bunch of chargers for
phone types you don't have, so your guests can charge their mobiles.

What else do people here have for guests? Supplies of Vegemite for
visiting Australians? Adapted plumbing for Americans who've never
seen a non-mixing tap? Coffee makers for ways of doing it you'd
never use yourself? A bidet? A Muslim prayer mat and qibla sign?
A sub to the International Herald Tribune? A local guidebook in a
foreign language?

Maps. Lots of maps. Guides to local attractions. Extra toothbrushes.
Sleep masks. A broadband connection and a spare laptop. Books and
toys for kids.

Old September 10th, 2006, 12:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Padraig Breathnach

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

...you have a UK-European power adapter

I found one of those in the house today. I have no idea where it came
from. I was looking for a European to UK/Irish one, because I am off
on a trip tomorrow.

and a bunch of chargers for
phone types you don't have, so your guests can charge their mobiles.

I used to have a selection but they never got used, so they went to
the recycling centre.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old September 10th, 2006, 12:45 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Padraig Breathnach

S Viemeister wrote:

What else do people here have for guests?

Maps. Lots of maps. Guides to local attractions. Extra toothbrushes.
Sleep masks. A broadband connection and a spare laptop. Books and
toys for kids.

This reads like an invitation. See you soon!

Old September 10th, 2006, 01:35 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
S Viemeister[_1_]

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

S Viemeister wrote:

What else do people here have for guests?

Maps. Lots of maps. Guides to local attractions. Extra toothbrushes.
Sleep masks. A broadband connection and a spare laptop. Books and
toys for kids.

This reads like an invitation. See you soon!

The spare bedroom is always kept ready for guests. If it rains, there
are books and CDs, a dartboard, board games, FreeSat, and a nice pub
down the road. And the view is spectacular, even in bad weather.

When should we expect you?

Sheila

Old September 10th, 2006, 02:05 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Padraig Breathnach

S Viemeister wrote:

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

S Viemeister wrote:

What else do people here have for guests?

Maps. Lots of maps. Guides to local attractions. Extra toothbrushes.
Sleep masks. A broadband connection and a spare laptop. Books and
toys for kids.

This reads like an invitation. See you soon!

The spare bedroom is always kept ready for guests. If it rains, there
are books and CDs, a dartboard, board games, FreeSat, and a nice pub
down the road. And the view is spectacular, even in bad weather.

When should we expect you?

I'll work on it. Not tomorrow: I'm Budapest-bound again.

Old September 10th, 2006, 02:37 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
S Viemeister[_1_]

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

I'll work on it. Not tomorrow: I'm Budapest-bound again.

Dentist?

Old September 10th, 2006, 03:45 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
PeterL

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
...you have a UK-European power adapter and a bunch of chargers for
phone types you don't have, so your guests can charge their mobiles.

What else do people here have for guests?

A list of local hotels.