NY cruise terminal

Old May 31st, 2012, 01:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dick Miles

Default NY cruise terminal

We are arriving a day early for our cruise (June 30).
What is the best method to get a good room rate for a hotel located between the cruise terminal and the theater district?
Any suggested hotels?
Thanks,
Dick

Old May 31st, 2012, 02:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Deward Deward is offline
Member

On May 30, 8:13*pm, "Dick Miles" wrote:
We are arriving a day early for our cruise (June 30).
What is the best method to get a good room rate for a hotel located between the cruise terminal and the theater district?
Any suggested hotels?
Thanks,
Dick

If you page back to May 23 there are 9 messages under the subject "New
York Cruise Terminal"

Deward
Old June 21st, 2012, 04:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Steve[_10_]

On 5/30/2012 8:13 PM, Dick Miles wrote:
We are arriving a day early for our cruise (June 30).
What is the best method to get a good room rate for a hotel located between the cruise terminal and the theater district?
Any suggested hotels?
Thanks,
Dick

Now, keep in mind that I've never stayed over night in NY city in my
life. When ever we go somewhere, I go to priceline, look over what is
available then bid real low on their name your own price section. I
almost always get a room at less than half the going rate. You don't
know which hotel you get until it's approved and paid for, but you can
bid on a star level in a very small area. Bid low, because if you bid
too low, you can try again the next day or try a lower star rating OR a
slightly different area right away.
I did this last when we cruised out of Miami. There, the lower priced
rooms were about $125. I bid $60 on the down town area and didn't get
it. I bid the same again, but tried the zone closer to the airport. They
took the $60 offer there. We got a really nice room (actually 2 rooms
since we took the kids on the cruise too) for just $60 each. Very nice
new hotel and if I had just booked the rooms the normal way, they would
have been $169 each. Huge rooms with separate living area and a small
kitchen area even.
So far, I have never gotten a bad room this way. Two years ago, we
stayed in Fort Lauderdale for 5 nights. For $90, we got an ocean view
$250+ room at the "W". This place:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/whotel...ropertyID=1522

Steve in NY state, but NOT the city.
Old June 21st, 2012, 04:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Patricia Martin Steward[_3_]

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 23:55:10 -0400, Steve wrote:
On 5/30/2012 8:13 PM, Dick Miles wrote:
We are arriving a day early for our cruise (June 30).
What is the best method to get a good room rate for a hotel located between the cruise terminal and the theater district?
Any suggested hotels?

Now, keep in mind that I've never stayed over night in NY city in my
life. When ever we go somewhere, I go to priceline, look over what is
available then bid real low on their name your own price section.

I second this suggestion but add that you should read
biddingfortravel.com first -- it's an enormous help.

I have no connection with either website other than satisfied
customer.

Old June 23rd, 2012, 02:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ed Burke[_2_]

Steve:

Try Holiday Inn Express located in Times Square...about $200 a night. Not a
bad price to be in the middle of everything and its a short cab ride to the
pier.

Ed