Luggage advice/info sought

Old January 11th, 2009, 01:32 PM posted to rec.travel.air
AKT

Default Luggage advice/info sought

My cheaper luggage pieces are coming to the end of their natural lives,
while good quality ones are being rendered out of date because they are
28"-29" meant for the 70 LB era and get easily overloaded in the new 50
LB age. I am therefore in the market for a couple of 26" pieces. Any
recommendations would be appreciated.

My eternal favorite is the Briggs Riley line. However, one doesn't buy
luggage everyday and I realize that the landscape might have changed
during the years I wasn't paying attention.

Some specifics:

Right now I can get discontinued BR 26" for $240---non-expanding kind,
but in light of my concern about weight I am not sure if I want
expandability.

I like Boyt too, but can't spot a decent sale. Tumi and Victorinox NXT
are always nice but too pricey.

Delsey Helium Pro is $175, Helium Breeze $110. But Delsey has so many
lines---fusion, breeze, 250GX or some such, Pro, Pilot, Elite,
Signature!---and I don't know where each stands.

Your experience and advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old January 11th, 2009, 06:26 PM posted to rec.travel.air
singlemalt

"AKT" wrote in message
[...]

We have a shoe repair outfit here in Austin that sells BR. I bought a carry
on piece for about half price. I have enjoyed it and when I buy new luggage,
which will be soon, more than likely, it will be BR. The weight does concern
me, but the selling point, at least according the salesguy, is that is has a
lifetime warranty. FWIW.

Old January 12th, 2009, 02:13 AM posted to rec.travel.air
AKT

singlemalt wrote:

: We have a shoe repair outfit here in Austin that sells BR. I bought a carry
: on piece for about half price. I have enjoyed it and when I buy new luggage,
: which will be soon, more than likely, it will be BR. The weight does concern
: me, but the selling point, at least according the salesguy, is that is has a
: lifetime warranty. FWIW.

Would you mind sharing the name of the shop? Maybe they can do mail
order. Thanks.
Old January 12th, 2009, 07:18 AM posted to rec.travel.air
sharx35

"singlemalt" wrote in message
news

"AKT" wrote in message
[...]

I find the luggage with wheels to be VERY pretentious. It says, "Look at me!
I fly all the time! I have lots of FF points!"

Old January 12th, 2009, 01:07 PM posted to rec.travel.air
A Mate[_2_]

Obviously you have never dragged your luggage from the car park to the
terminal anywhere much then!!!!

Wheels make luggage manageable for everyone.

Pretentious!!!!! - What an idiot!!!

Old January 12th, 2009, 05:08 PM posted to rec.travel.air
William Black

"Sharx35" wrote in message

I find the luggage with wheels to be VERY pretentious. It says, "Look at
me! I fly all the time! I have lots of FF points!"

Have you ever been to a modern international airport?

It sounds very much as if you haven't.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old January 12th, 2009, 05:45 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

"AKT" wrote in message
[...]

Not exactly. My 68lb. tool box on wheels, says "Get out of my friggin way,
or you'll lose a toe."

Old January 12th, 2009, 08:14 PM posted to rec.travel.air
singlemalt

"AKT" wrote in message
singlemalt wrote:

: We have a shoe repair outfit here in Austin that sells BR. I bought a
carry
: on piece for about half price. I have enjoyed it and when I buy new
luggage,
: which will be soon, more than likely, it will be BR. The weight does
concern
: me, but the selling point, at least according the salesguy, is that is
has a
: lifetime warranty. FWIW.

Would you mind sharing the name of the shop? Maybe they can do mail
order. Thanks.

Their web site is www.austinshoehospital.com. They do not, however, have any
of their luggage shown on their website. I called the one that I go to, on
Burnet Rd, and they said they would ship. If you find a piece you are
interested in, let me know and I will check on it for you. J.

Old January 12th, 2009, 10:10 PM posted to rec.travel.air
singlemalt

"singlemalt" wrote in message
m...

"AKT" wrote in message
singlemalt wrote:

: We have a shoe repair outfit here in Austin that sells BR. I bought a
carry
: on piece for about half price. I have enjoyed it and when I buy new
luggage,
: which will be soon, more than likely, it will be BR. The weight does
concern
: me, but the selling point, at least according the salesguy, is that is
has a
: lifetime warranty. FWIW.

Would you mind sharing the name of the shop? Maybe they can do mail
order. Thanks.

Their web site is www.austinshoehospital.com. They do not, however, have
any of their luggage shown on their website. I called the one that I go
to, on Burnet Rd, and they said they would ship. If you find a piece you
are interested in, let me know and I will check on it for you. J.

Anyway, if you go to the BR website, they are having a sale and you can
order over the 'net.

Old January 12th, 2009, 11:14 PM posted to rec.travel.air
der gediegene dgs

Sharx35 wrote, On 01/11/2009 10:18 PM:

I find

What you find is irrelevant. You're an idiot. You can't find your
worthless scab-covered ass with both hands.