U.S. tourism may be casualty of war on terror

Old February 19th, 2005, 03:45 PM
miles

PTRAVEL wrote:

We were struck with our guard down in 2001 because this administration
simply refused to listen anything coming from its predecessor.

It's predecessor?? You mean the one that had ample opportunity to do
something and did nothing yet the leftist nuts loved the guy. 9/11
occurred only 7 months into Bush's term. 6 months into his term Bush
signed a directive to take out Al Queda. That directive was given over
to the military but it was too late. That directive should have been
given under Clinton but was not yet you blame Bush? Good grief. Your
hatred will continue to cost your side more elections until you get a clue.
Old February 19th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Gregory Morrow

miles blasts:

That is the leftists conspiracy theory at work. The key here is your
assumption that Bush directed it.

Perhaps in your next life you can be Ann Coulter's sanitary napkin.

--
Best
Greg

Old February 19th, 2005, 03:47 PM
miles

Gregory Morrow wrote:

I was so overjoyed when John Kerry got elected.

To the senate? Great, keep him there.
Old February 19th, 2005, 03:48 PM
miles

Gregory Morrow wrote:

Perhaps in your next life you can be Ann Coulter's sanitary napkin.

Ah yes, the ever so popular leftist form of debate. Oh so predictable.
The use of colorfull language is probably next.

Old February 19th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Gregory Morrow

miles wrote:

Gregory Morrow wrote:

Perhaps in your next life you can be Ann Coulter's sanitary napkin.

Ah yes, the ever so popular leftist form of debate. Oh so predictable.
The use of colorfull language is probably next.

You are silly to assume that I'm "leftist".

--
Best
Greg

Old February 19th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Gregory Morrow

miles wrote:

Gregory Morrow wrote:

Perhaps in your next life you can be Ann Coulter's sanitary napkin.

Ah yes, the ever so popular leftist form of debate. Oh so predictable.
The use of colorfull language is probably next.

Keep it up and we'll soon be calling you "inches" instead of "miles".

--
Best
Greg

Old February 19th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Doug McDonald

The significant point is that the Sinclair FORCED their TV affiliates
to show this Bush propaganda film at prime time.

No exactly. They are not "affiliates". They are PROPERTY.

We have a Sinclair station here. It is an "NBC" "affiliate".
It is OWNED by Sinclair. Sinclair says what it broadcasts,
not NBC.

And it most emphatically was NOT a Bush propaganda film.

If we want to talk about affiliates and programs,
I suggest CBS and their outright FRAUDLENT attack program
against Bush.

Doug McDonald
Old February 19th, 2005, 04:46 PM
john

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 08:41:13 -0700, miles wrote:

PTRAVEL wrote:

but whether it
is appropriate for the highest elected official in the United States to
engage in deliberate propaganda by subverting a supposedly-free press with
huge cash bribes

Talk about twisting the facts to suit your own bias and hatred. The
highest elected official in the US did not engage in deliberate
propaganda by subverting a supposedly-free press with huge cash bribes.
That is the leftists conspiracy theory at work. The key here is your
assumption that Bush directed it.

Oh, yeah, Bush will always deny knowing anything about it.

The people pulling Bush's puppet strings give him plausuble
deniability.

Bush always comes out with a statement:

"Oh, my, I didn't know that.
I will have to tell them to stop doing that"

It is the atmosphere around Bush that tells all subordinates to do
ANYTHING you want in order to further my cause, my programs, my
political party.
Old February 19th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Alan Street

In article 91JRd.18506$Tt.12842@fed1read05, miles
wrote:

€ Alan Street wrote:

€ But if they'd done an anti-Kerry piece you'd have been just fine with
€ it?

€ What kind of crap is that reply? I didn't complain about anything other
€ than to point out the hypocrisy of the bias in this thread. Both sides
€ fling mud. So what the heck is your point?

That you're extremely biased.
Old February 19th, 2005, 07:23 PM
PTravel

How did "Jeff Gannon" get a White House press pass from the Secret
Service (and under a false name) if not with the the collusion and
assistance of the administration?

Of course, you're right -- mere speculation isn't a substitute for
facts. So why is it that Bush et al aren't calling for an
investigation? Where's the administration outrage at using MY tax
money for partisan propaganda? Who are the Republican committee chairs
setting up Senate hearings?

And, as a final point, perhaps you're familiar with Harry Truman who
said, "The buck stops here." Even you can't deny that the
administration paid columnists to support administration policies. Who
do you think is responsible for running the administration?

Oh, wait -- you're right again. It's Karl Rove.

But go ahead and keep your head in sand while the country goes to hell
in Red State handbasket.