Singapore + Malaysia in March ?

Old December 6th, 2003, 03:05 AM
DGPSC

Default Singapore + Malaysia in March ?

The Singapore government in its infinite wisdom has decided to add filtered
sewerage water into reserviors directly so that it can add on to its need
for water resource. Unlike the method used in the western world whereby
filtered and reclaimed sewerage water is pressurised and pumped into the
ground's water table to allow for natural sedimentation to happen over a
period of over 20 years before it rises to levels for human consumption, the
Singapore model process is more of a mixing and direct input into the water
system there immediately. They call this NEW-Water.

Imagine that whatever you eat drink and consume in this island are the
by-products of human and animal wastes!

"Ernst K. Locker" wrote in message
Hi,

I am thinking of doing my first trip to Singapore and Malaysia in early

March.
I will be traveling from / returning to Bangkok.

My idea was to get a flight to Singapore and work my way back to South
Thailand over land (alternatively the other way round). Altogether I will

have
about 3 weeks time.

I am not sure whether I should travel up the East coast or West coast.

Will
the rainy season be finished along the East coast in March?

I guess it is possible to get comfortable buses like in Thailand, or

should I
get the train?

Cheers, Ernst.

--