Mexican Riv versus Caribbean

Old June 20th, 2007, 02:25 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom[_3_]

Default Mexican Riv versus Caribbean

We have done a few Caribbean cruises. We have done Eastern, Western and
Southern. We would say in very general terms that the Eastern Caribbean had
the biggest waves, but nothing to cause any problems. We were thinking of
trying a Mexican Riv cruise out of San Diego. We don't have any experience
with the Pacific ocean but everyone tells us the waves are huge and we will
most likely get sea sick. The problem is, none of the people telling us
this ever did a cruise on the Pacific. Can anyone tell me if this is
something to be concerned about?
Thanks

Tom
Pittsburgh Pa

Old June 20th, 2007, 02:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
steve

Tom;

Have done the mexican rivera a couple of times and never encountered much in
the way of waves. Sometimes it is a little rough around the area of cabo
san lucas but not any worse than you find in many parts of the carribean.
I certainly wouldn't let the rough waves stories deter a wonderful
experience

Old June 20th, 2007, 03:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill

We went last Nov. It was amazingly calm. Did the 8 day out of LA.
Do remeber it is not the blue waters of the Carribean, nor are they as
warm.
If you decide to go let me know and I will dig out the info for a
fabulous massage and use of the resort at one port. It was $70 for 70
minutes for both of us, not each of us.

Old June 20th, 2007, 03:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Robert[_1_]

"Tom" wrote in message
We have done a few Caribbean cruises. We have done Eastern, Western and
Southern. We would say in very general terms that the Eastern Caribbean

had
the biggest waves, but nothing to cause any problems. We were thinking of
trying a Mexican Riv cruise out of San Diego. We don't have any

experience
with the Pacific ocean but everyone tells us the waves are huge and we

will
most likely get sea sick. The problem is, none of the people telling us
this ever did a cruise on the Pacific. Can anyone tell me if this is
something to be concerned about?
Thanks

Tom
Pittsburgh Pa

The "huge wave" story is a joke. We never felt like we were on a ship on the
Mexico Riv.

Robert

Old June 20th, 2007, 04:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

On Jun 19, 8:25 pm, "Tom" wrote:
We have done a few Caribbean cruises. We have done Eastern, Western and
Southern. We would say in very general terms that the Eastern Caribbean had
the biggest waves, but nothing to cause any problems. We were thinking of
trying a Mexican Riv cruise out of San Diego. We don't have any experience
with the Pacific ocean but everyone tells us the waves are huge and we will
most likely get sea sick. The problem is, none of the people telling us
this ever did a cruise on the Pacific. Can anyone tell me if this is
something to be concerned about?
Thanks

There tends to be longer period waves along the Pacific Coast... So
even though they might have a high amplitude ... you notice them less
due to the long period ... It was fascinating watching the waves break
onshore ... looked devastating ... though we barely noticed them on
our 25 ' cruiser off shore ...

It was among the calmest feeling cruises we've been on ...

Old June 20th, 2007, 05:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker

Tom,

My wife Deborah and I have been on four (4) Caribbean Cruises and five (5)
Mexican Riviera Cruises. Actually, we live on the West Coast, just across
the street from the ocean in Huntington Beach, California. All the other
the West Coast are not that much different than the East Coast. In all
honesty, we encountered some of the smoothest waters, and an occasion rough
time, along both coasts. I think any talk of huge waves in the Pacific Ocean
is pretty much a wife's-tale. The bottom line is, go for it. Don't let the
naysayer's take away what in all likelihood will be smooth sailing all the
way.

Yet, one thing is true though. The Caribbean or Atlantic Ocean does have a
lot warmers waters than the Pacific. Our waters are cold, for the currents
come down from Alaska.

Happy sailing,
John Sisker, SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency No. 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Old June 22nd, 2007, 04:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

We did a 10 day out of San Pedro on Princess several years ago and
experienced no rough seas. Also did a 15 day to Hawaii from that port
and again no rough seas.

~~DORIS~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old June 22nd, 2007, 05:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff H

"John Sisker" wrote in message
nk.net...
I think any talk of huge waves in the Pacific Ocean is pretty much a
wife's-tale. Happy sailing,

Encenada to Hawaii Feb 99, the Legend of the Seas saw 25 foot waves first
sea day. Don't know what is considered huge, but I do know the dining room
was less than 50% full that night :-)

Jeff

Old June 22nd, 2007, 09:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:23:18 -0400, Cruise Crazy wrote:

My boat's better than your boat.....