Star bullfighter Jose Tomas gored in Mexico

Old April 25th, 2010, 12:18 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe
Holly Buddy

Default Star bullfighter Jose Tomas gored in Mexico

hardy ****in ha!
Old April 25th, 2010, 12:27 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe
Uncle Dave

On Apr 25, 12:18*pm, Holly Buddy wrote:

hardy ****in ha!

Nice one.

A colleague of mine had a good idea about bull fighting. He said he
wouldn't mind so much if they evened it up a bit and made the matador
drink a bottle of vodka before going into the ring so he wouldn't know
which bull to torment. It would be funny too - I think it lacks
humour in its current "a bunch of cruel *******s mindlessly abusing
animals" format.

UD
Old April 25th, 2010, 01:08 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe
True Blue[_4_]

On 25 Apr, 12:27, Uncle Dave wrote:
On Apr 25, 12:18*pm, Holly Buddy wrote:

hardy ****in ha!

Nice one.

A colleague of mine had a good idea about bull fighting. *He said he
wouldn't mind so much if they evened it up a bit and made the matador
drink a bottle of vodka before going into the ring so he wouldn't know
which bull to torment. *It would be funny too - I think it lacks
humour in its current "a bunch of cruel *******s mindlessly abusing
animals" format.

UD

It would seem that they start young;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7849532.stm

Although I'm not sure the description "bull" is entirely correct, here.
Old April 25th, 2010, 03:06 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe
AlanG

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 04:27:33 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Dave
wrote:

On Apr 25, 12:18*pm, Holly Buddy wrote:

hardy ****in ha!

Nice one.

A colleague of mine had a good idea about bull fighting. He said he
wouldn't mind so much if they evened it up a bit and made the matador
drink a bottle of vodka before going into the ring so he wouldn't know
which bull to torment. It would be funny too - I think it lacks
humour in its current "a bunch of cruel *******s mindlessly abusing
animals" format.

I've never seen a bullfight until recently. Was on holiday in spain
and got stuck in the hotel room for a few hours while it ****ed down
outside. I flicked through the tv channels and spotted a bullfight.

There is very little bravery in facing a tormented animal that is
weakened and bleeding to death from blades stuck in it.
Old April 25th, 2010, 03:09 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe
aquachimp

wrote:
On Apr 25, 12:18*pm, Holly Buddy wrote:

hardy ****in ha!

Nice one.

A colleague of mine had a good idea about bull fighting. *He said he
wouldn't mind so much if they evened it up a bit and made the matador
drink a bottle of vodka before going into the ring so he wouldn't know
which bull to torment. *It would be funny too - I think it lacks
humour in its current "a bunch of cruel *******s mindlessly abusing
animals" format.

I've never seen a bullfight until recently. Was on holiday in spain
and got stuck in the hotel room for a few hours while it ****ed down
outside. I flicked through the tv channels and spotted a bullfight.

There is very little bravery in facing a tormented animal that is
weakened and bleeding to death from blades stuck in it.

Adding to which, a link within that page is headlined as "Matador aged
11 kills six bulls"
but the video shows the "bull" to be about calf sized.
Old April 25th, 2010, 03:19 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe
James Silverton[_3_]

wrote:
On Apr 25, 12:18 pm, Holly Buddy wrote:

hardy ****in ha!

Nice one.

A colleague of mine had a good idea about bull fighting.
He said he wouldn't mind so much if they evened it up a
bit and made the matador drink a bottle of vodka before
going into the ring so he wouldn't know which bull to
torment. It would be funny too - I think it lacks humour
in its current "a bunch of cruel *******s mindlessly
abusing animals" format.

I've never seen a bullfight until recently. Was on holiday in
spain and got stuck in the hotel room for a few hours while
it ****ed down outside. I flicked through the tv channels and
spotted a bullfight.

There is very little bravery in facing a tormented animal
that is weakened and bleeding to death from blades stuck in
it.

I've never seen a bull-fight but, from TV shows, it does seem usually to
be rather dangerous for the matador and there is unfortunately a human
fascination in watching a real fight to the death. However, the result
is usually inevitable and watching a death is rather like the
gladiatorial contests of ancient Rome. I believe the bull is *not*
killed in Portugal and that would seem a better version.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Old April 25th, 2010, 03:41 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe
aquachimp

wrote:
[...]

There's a cat here who will sometimes be on the couch staring at me as I make to leave for work in the mornings; As per usual, I'll give him a last second bit of attention whilst I'm on my way out; This will be responded to by either leaning into my hand to direct the rub to where its needed, or he'll suddenly take a swipe at me. My "job" is not to get caught out by the swipe.

Perhaps I should dress up like a matador for just such occasions.
Old April 25th, 2010, 04:02 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe
Uncle Dave

wrote:
On Apr 25, 12:18*pm, Holly Buddy wrote:

hardy ****in ha!

Nice one.

A colleague of mine had a good idea about bull fighting. *He said he
wouldn't mind so much if they evened it up a bit and made the matador
drink a bottle of vodka before going into the ring so he wouldn't know
which bull to torment. *It would be funny too - I think it lacks
humour in its current "a bunch of cruel *******s mindlessly abusing
animals" format.

are you on the side of the islamofascists as well?

So you approve of cruelty to animals then? Looking forward to
reinstating hunting and bear baiting are you?

UD
Old April 25th, 2010, 04:09 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe
Uncle Dave

On Apr 25, 3:19*pm, "James Silverton"
wrote:

snip

I've never seen a bull-fight but, from TV shows, it does seem usually to
be rather dangerous for the matador

Anyone familiar with them will tell you that most bulls are docile and
won't hurt a fly. They get a bad press and different breeds do behave
differently, but I used to happily walk alongside them as a kid being
born and raised on a farm. One particulr one - a cuddly Hereford -
insisted on going in to the milking shed with the cows, so he could
get some feed. It was quite funny. I have met a few big buggers in
my time but, make no mistake, there is nothing brave about facing a
dumb animal who has no idea about what is going to happen. Any human
with their wits about them would survive a bullfight, though few are
so cowardly as to kill such a magnificent animal in ruthless cold
blood for the perverse enjoyment of others.

UD
Old April 25th, 2010, 05:38 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe
Floating Voter

wrote:
[...]

AIUI in Portugal they are not killed in the ring but usually killed
behind
the scenes after the fight. Whether or not this is true, they are
tormented.
Both versions are barbaric.

--

James Silverton