Dawn AG versus AF minisuite

Old October 28th, 2003, 01:42 PM
George in NY

Default Dawn AG versus AF minisuite

As many know we returned this month from cruising NCL Dawn

http://members.verizon.net/~georgeny/dawnrev.htm

We have decided to book her again for November but I have a question.
Despite making every effort I cannot find any reason for the different
designation of mini-suites AG versus the AF we were in this month. One note
on cruismates.com on the cruisemate review is that the 12 12 aft suites have
some sort of angle on the balcony divider making them less private than some
might enjoy, however only 4 are designated AG instead of AF. Cabin size and
amenity appear the same and whatis over you on deck 12 ( Garden cafe ) seems
no different than many of AF cabins.

Anyone have any actual information regarding this, specifically cabin 11186
which I have on hold to finalize this morning. Or am I going to be the
guinea pig on this one.

George in NY
http://members.verizon.net/~georgeny/dawnrev.htm
http://members.verizon.net/~georgeny/legendrev.htm

Old October 28th, 2003, 01:57 PM
Eileen Garland

Sorry to say I have no actual information on this, but a vague memory
(and my memory is not very reliable!) that the ones of these have
bathtubs and the other doesn't.

You probably aren't interested in this particular piece of
quasi-information anyway.

I guess that makes this one of my inane posts!

Eileen

Old October 28th, 2003, 06:08 PM
George in NY

Eileen,

Appreciate your response but sorry to say you are incorrect, both categoreys
have tubs. Always nice to hear from you though

George in NY

Old October 28th, 2003, 07:12 PM
Linda Coffman

George,

I don't recall noticing any difference between those two categories other
than location. I have photos on my website of category AF (11570) at
http://cruisediva.com/nor_dawn4.htm and a similar suite on Norwegian Star is
pictured at
http://cruisediva.com/nor_star3.htm

There is also a photo of an aft-facing category AC with the Norwegian Dawn
photos... unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the balcony. However, I
remember those having an angled balcony divider, similar but not as
extremely angled, as the ones facing forward--see the category AA balcony to
see what I mean.

Category AG 11186... it's closer to the elevator/stair landing than most AFs
and you might hear people talking out there while waiting for an elevator.
I'd book it if the savings are substantial enough. Otherwise, I'd try to get
closer to mid-ship or even forward of that beneath the card room or reading
room. It's unlikely that you'd hear a lot of noise from up there. g

Best, Linda
-----
CruiseDiva.com
http://cruisediva.com

"George in NY"...

Old October 28th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Eileen Garland

Thank you for telling me, George! I'm happy to hear I ws wrong about this.

Eileen

Old October 28th, 2003, 10:11 PM
George in NY

Linda,

Thank you for your knowlegable response. Actually I don't really need a
picture of 11570 as I just spent a week in it this month The AG would
appear to be the same accept possibly for the balcony divider, that is the
only thing I have been hearing as a possibility that would seem possible. I
have been searching for a good aft / port or starboard photo to see what
they look like. I took great shots of ship both on recent cruise and in NY
last December during inaugural but missed that section woe is me .

I have already checked your site knowing that you have so much great
information there. This answer seems to allude everyone so far.

As far as being close to elevators, no closer than many others. More
importantly on this deck is what is above you, much of which is the Garden
Cafe for most of these suite. 11570 is under the pool area and I can attest
that if you are a light sleeper or early to bed person these cabins should
be booked carefully. You can easily enjoy the deck party and band right from
your very own bed.

Anyway I'm booked solid for Nov cruise in this cabin so I guess I will be
the one to report back definatively.

George in NY

Old November 10th, 2003, 06:03 AM
Unregistered

George,

I am not sure when you sail, we will be sailing Nov. 16th on the dawn,
and I have been searcing the internet to see about this angled balcony
thing. Here is a link to what I think may be the anged balcony in
question.

http://tinyurl.com/ugk6

--
Unregistered - Unregistered User