Another open-jaw question...

Old February 12th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Michael Graham

Default Another open-jaw question...

Hi all

I have another question regarding open-jaws. My question is do some
airlines consider certain routes open-jaws, while don't? I am asking
this was doing some checking on airfares again for my upcoming Alaska
Cruise. I stated in the past I have been looking at CPR-ANC/YVR or
SEA-CPR, but the price was very high. Priced like 2 one way tickets,
rather than an open-jaw, as it really does not fit the definition of
one. At the same time if you look at BIL-ANC/YVR-BIL on Alaska/Horizon
it seems to be priced like on open-jaw. Just wondering if this is the
case, as read a new story -
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040212/sfth038a_1.html - that they
reworking their fare structure, resulting in some decreases in fare.
If BIL-ANC/YVR-BIL is considered an open-jaw by Alaska I may be better
off to wait to purchase my ticket until they have completed this
process of reworking the fare structure, as it may result in a
decrease in fare. Only thing I wish I could do was look at seat
availability for the flight I am interested. I say this I to know how
many seats are left. Used to be able to do this with Seatmap Checker,
but can't any more. Pleas see my earlier post about this site.

M. Graham