Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

Old July 25th, 2006, 10:37 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Dave Smith

Default Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

Alohacyberian wrote:

138 in miles or kilometers? If it's kilometers, then 83 is about 138...
If you're doing 138 miles, I have to ask first what kind of car you
were driving, how many other cars you had to pass to maintain that
speed for more than a few seconds... and are ya nuts???

To answer your questions, it was 138 miles per hour, the car was a Honda
Prelude electronically limited to 141 miles per hour, I had maintained that
speed for at least 25 miles, passed few cars as it was early Sunday morning
and hadn't passed any cars on Interstate 505 where I was ticketed, and yes,
I've been accused of being nuts, though have done some racing and driven a
lot faster than 140.

Sure. You recently claimed that on your first visit to Toronto the temperature
was several degrees colder than the city's record cold, and then visited in
summer on a day that was so hot that it exceeded Toronto's record high
temperature by several degrees. What an amazing coincidence that your two visits
just happened to set records even higher than those recorded. I trust you will
understand if I choose not to believe the above speeds.

Old July 26th, 2006, 12:10 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gel[_2_]

wow! i just wish that their is no Edmonton type of city in the U.S.A.
Don't you get it, Edmonton is a hillbillies city.That poor guy just
trying to save some money could get kill in Edmonton.The numerous
newsgroups thread says it.
In Edmonton the cops and people are just out to hurt.
Believe me if that guy would get hurt as much as those that got
hurt by the city establishment ,he would start writing against Edmonton
too.
That of course if he would not get kill.
Look at all the numerous stories about Edmonton. I only wrote a
few.
Most were written by others i do not know.
I know for a fact in Edmonton it is all about hurting others.

--
Sent via Travel Newsgroups
http://www.travelnewsgroups.com
Old July 26th, 2006, 12:51 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Brian[_1_]

On 25 Jul 2006 11:29:42 -0700, "morticide" wrote:

DE 1 is a toll road. Devil's in the details.

Is there a highway in DE that isn't? 95 is a terrible tourist trap for
tolls.
Old July 26th, 2006, 01:29 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

Old July 26th, 2006, 01:52 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rita[_1_]

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:10:00 -0500, gel wrote:

wow! i just wish that their is no Edmonton type of city in the U.S.A.
Don't you get it, Edmonton is a hillbillies city.That poor guy just
trying to save some money could get kill in Edmonton.The numerous
newsgroups thread says it.
In Edmonton the cops and people are just out to hurt.
Believe me if that guy would get hurt as much as those that got
hurt by the city establishment ,he would start writing against Edmonton
too.
That of course if he would not get kill.
Look at all the numerous stories about Edmonton. I only wrote a
few.
Most were written by others i do not know.
I know for a fact in Edmonton it is all about hurting others.

Don't you get it? No one is interested in your crusade.

Old July 26th, 2006, 02:02 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Maxx

"Rita" wrote in message

Don't you get it? No one is interested in your crusade.

I used to harass him because he never had proof of his statements. Now, I'm
starting to feel sorry for him. Just a lonely, pathetic person with no
life.

Old July 26th, 2006, 03:40 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gel[_2_]

i am sorry Rita,please talk for yourself.
I am not on a crusade,duh!
I am very interested about this newsthread.
I have most good reply to my info.
People likes infos. They do not like slanders and personnal attacks.
That is all i found in Edmonton by the way. Just like you Rita.

Old July 26th, 2006, 03:52 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gel[_2_]

Maxx i find you are a poor guy. I find you are ignorant and you go on
newsgroup just to put others down.
You have tunnel vision and if you think you have friends i would not
want to associate with you.
So Maxx i do not respect you and i am not the first to reply top you.
So buzz off corrupted Bush alike .
Go start your own newsthread and i wont post on your newsthread as i
think of you as a guy that already protects brutality,lies, and
hypocrysy.
You are sure a hypocryte and a bigot.
Hey! life is a two way street bigot.

Old July 26th, 2006, 04:17 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gel[_2_]

How much would a valid license plate cost you?
If you really try that experience you would not be hurting anybody
but yourself with some traffic tickets.
Maybe it would be worth the thrill to see if you can get away with it.
I have relatives that works for law enforcements in Canada and when
they have experience and work in good stations :driving with an
experience plate is a minor traffic highway act violation and they would
make sure if they stop you to call you respecfully by your family
name(except in Edmonton,Alberta)Although they do not like the
disagreement those tickets cause them.

No matter what your created quite a controversy. Your newsgroup thread
has over 25 pages of reply .I read most of the replies.Most are ready to
jump the guns on you.It is understandable because who would brag about
the fact that they are going to break the traffic act.

I heard some bad stories from a trucker with state troopers in Texas.
They broke the headlights on his trucks and gave him more tickets.

Old July 26th, 2006, 04:40 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Sapphyre

Carole Allen wrote:
Parts of I-5 in and around Portland (from about the bridge over the
Columbia to just north of the Wilsonville exits) are posted at 55 mph,
and a few bits are at 50 mph. That's an interstate.

I would have seen it for myself... Except I turned off around Mt. Hood
and took 35 and 26 to Bend. I didn't get to I-5 until near Medford, so
I think I saw the lowest posted at 65 mph.

I also am aware that they are lower limits in construction zones, but
that's understandable (someone mentioned that's a reason for a lower
speed limit).

S.