Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

Old July 26th, 2006, 07:45 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

Default Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

"gel" wrote in message
name(except in Edmonton,Alberta)Although they do not like the

I think you should avoid Edmonton, Pyongyang and Mogadishu. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI or

Old July 26th, 2006, 12:49 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gel[_2_]

You should write to Maxx that brags about the harassement he does.
Anyway the original poster wanted to know about alternate routes he
could take to avoid cops .
I do not know much about the interstates .Although the story about the
Texas troopers is true.
I wonder how the roads are in New Orleans. Were the roads badly
damage by hurrican Katrina?

--
Sent via Travel Newsgroups
http://www.travelnewsgroups.com
Old July 26th, 2006, 12:53 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gel[_2_]

Rita i forgot to mention.Why don't you eat as much Alberta beef as you
can.
Since Alberta had several cases of mad cow disease and thay are
flooding the U.S. market with their beef.
Maybe .mmooooo....Rita

Old July 26th, 2006, 01:21 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Clark F Morris

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 01:01:48 -0400, Steve
wrote:

Alohacyberian wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

Alohacyberian wrote:

"Dave Smith" wrote in message

In some states, careless driving is a lesser offense than is reckless
driving. KM

Name a state where that distinction is drawn.

LOL! If you don't want to believe it, then don't. I'm not your lackey and
suggest you do your own homework. Got Google? KM

You're the one making the assertion. You clearly have no proof.

New Jersey is one of the states that makes the distinction based on my
experience in getting auto insurance in Canada after a careless
driving conviction in New Jersey. Careless driving in Nova Scotia
apparently equates to reckless driving in New Jersey.
Old July 26th, 2006, 01:44 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Dave Smith

Steve wrote:

You're right about the Prelude's speeds - he's wondering whether you
went that fast, and while I've seen racers do about 110 on I-91 in
Connecticut, 140 sounds above any speed I've ever witnessed on any
highway, so I'm also skeptical. Anyway, Toronto does NOT get "much
warmer" in the summer than it does in Hawaii. A few days may have highs
into the 90's, but Hawaii is consistently warmer (and more humid, to boot).

You're right. When he posted about having been to Toronto twice, arriving once in
winter when the temperature was several degrees colder than the record cold, and
then in the summer on a day when the temperature was several degrees warmer than
the record high. What an amazing coincidence that each trip was not only a record
setter, but exceeded current records. Then when he boasts about his highway speed
I am reminded of the credibility gap.

Old July 26th, 2006, 02:57 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2006-07-25 22:52:41 -0400, gel said:

Maxx i find you are a poor guy. I find you are ignorant and you go on
newsgroup just to put others down. You have tunnel vision and if you
think you have friends i would not
want to associate with you.

Talk about tunnel vision! I think yours must be approximately the
diameter of a mole hole, since you seem obsessed most of lhe time with
nothing but the injustices Edmonton has heaped upon you.

So Maxx i do not respect you and i am not the first to reply top you.

Or bottom him either, maybe?

So buzz off corrupted Bush alike .

HUHHH?

Go start your own newsthread and i wont post on your newsthread as i
think of you as a guy that already protects brutality,lies, and
hypocrysy.
You are sure a hypocryte and a bigot.
Hey! life is a two way street bigot.

POT = KETTLE = BLACK

Old July 26th, 2006, 03:18 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Arif Khokar

Steve wrote:

You're right about the Prelude's speeds - he's wondering whether you
went that fast, and while I've seen racers do about 110 on I-91 in
Connecticut, 140 sounds above any speed I've ever witnessed on any
highway, so I'm also skeptical.

I've done 145 mph (where my car's limiter kicks in), but I was only able
to sustain that speed for about 30 seconds.
Old July 26th, 2006, 05:02 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Caveat

Pat O'Connell wrote:
Caveat wrote:

Drive carefully on the 95 northwest of Downtown, unless the widening is
already complete.

Yeah, it was sure a mess last year -- and it wasn't even rush hour.
I'm heading for Mt. Charleston Wednesday night to camp (then to
Tonopah), so I don't know any reasonable way to avoid it,

One way if it's jammed--Rancho Drive is old 95, and bypasses most of the
construction.

Thanks, I'll give it a go in about four hours.

BTW Pat, I don't know many cavers so was thinking of you last month
during a particular 300' free-hanging rappel and seven-hour epic into
the Lost World cave complex near Waitomo, NZ. An amazing trip:

http://www.waitomo.co.nz/lostworldepic.html

I know a former coworker that did that trip; he was impressed too.

Lots of stuff like that there. Those Kiwis are serious about their
exploration and fun.

Cheers.

Cav

Old July 26th, 2006, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Steve[_1_]

Arif Khokar wrote:
Steve wrote:

You're right about the Prelude's speeds - he's wondering whether you
went that fast, and while I've seen racers do about 110 on I-91 in
Connecticut, 140 sounds above any speed I've ever witnessed on any
highway, so I'm also skeptical.

I've done 145 mph (where my car's limiter kicks in), but I was only able
to sustain that speed for about 30 seconds.

See, from you, I believe it.

--
Steve Alpert
MIT - B.S. (Eng.) '05, M.S. (Transp.) '06