Cape Liberty

Old March 1st, 2010, 03:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Cape Liberty

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 23:06:47 -0500, Sue Mullen
wrote:

Tom K wrote:
On 2/28/10 3:29 PM, Surfer E2468 wrote:
We would not even consider a pre cruise hotel since we are so close to
cape liberty,if we deem it impossible to drive the 1-1/2 hours it would
take to get there,we will cancel our cruise,the money is spent wether we
go or not. Thanks everyone for the information sent to me.

Annie, if you could find a hotel near Newark Airport that allowed you to
park there for free during your cruise, you might actually find it
cheaper to get a hotel for one night. That way you could save on the
parking all during the cruise.

We avoid the parking fee and also the problem of having the car
covered with snow and/or refusing to start because of cold and the
problem of vandalism or paint spots by renting a car and turning it in
at the airport and then getting a cab or shuttle to the terminal. This
is cheaper for us than $15/day parking in Baltimore if the cruise is
more than a week. The only cruise we would take for a week out of
that terminal would be to Bermuda.

When we flew to St Thomas we stayed at a hotel near Newark airport
because we had an early flight. We left our car at the hotel while we
were gone and in good weather it was no problem.

Some hotels have fly/cruise/park packages, but the parking is not free
and it looks like parking at the pier is much cheaper. Here is a great
website, we used it to book our fly/park hotel for St. Thomas:
http://www.parksleepfly.com/index.ph...20515&trackID=

Taking a quick look, parking at the pier is cheaper.

sue

Old March 1st, 2010, 04:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

On Feb 28, 11:06*pm, Sue Mullen wrote:

Some hotels have fly/cruise/park packages, but the parking is not free
and it looks like parking at the pier is much cheaper. Here is a great
website, we used it to book our fly/park hotel for St. Thomas:

http://www.parksleepfly.com/index.ph...20515&trackID=

We've done 2 of the stay/fly packages ... since we had very early
flights out ... One near JFK that the night's stay and parking was 1/2
the airport parking (even got a free cocktail coupon) ... and one near
Philly that was also similarly priced as compared to airport
parking ...
In the Newark area for some reason the deals were nowhere near as
good ...

Old March 1st, 2010, 08:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
*muz*

"Brian K" wrote in message
m...
snipped
: Country Inn & Suites Newark Airport
:
: Parking is at a premium but there is long term parking. I did not get
: to check any of the rooms. I stood outside and asked a few guests who
: had checked out. I got mixed reviews. One couple complained that the
: walls are paper thin and you can hear what's going on in the next room.
: Another couple were very satisfied and said that the hotel was a good
: choice for the price. Soundproofing was fairly good.
:
: Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
: Not only did they let me see some hotel rooms, but since I was there in
: the morning I was invited to sample the free breakfast offered to
: guests. It's nothing like you would get at a prime B & B but isn't bad
: either. There is no on site restaurant. Guest are provided with
: take-out delivery menus from nearby restaurants and fast food places.
: Parking is free and there is a free airport shuttle. I couldn't learn
: anything about long term parking.
:
: However on rout 1 & 9 across from the airport there are several budget
: long term parking lots with parking garages and free shuttles to the
: airport and cruise terminals. Some lots charge as much as $17.00 per
: day for indoor parking.
:
: Park 2 Go.com offers free shuttles to airport and/or cruise port, help
: with luggage, senior and various discounts, rates are $11.00 per day
: with $70.00 for 7 days. Discounts offered are $1.00 per day. (Prices
: bound to change from 2009 rates).
:
: View My Web Pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951
: My Shutterfly Page http://photosbybrianmk.shutterfly.com/

Thank you, Brian. We are looking at an October departure from Cape Liberty.
We'll keep this in mind before we decide.