great club med holidays

Old January 20th, 2006, 10:56 PM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

Default great club med holidays

well check out here http://www.clubmed-discounts.co.uk

We just got back from Club Med Turkoise. WHAT A GREAT PLACE! My husband
and I are in our mid 40's and were a little worried there might not
be enough couples our age to socialize with. WRONG. About half the
guests were couples and we found lots of company. Our lifestyle is
rather tame and we did not do any of the games or circus and only saw 1
show. Still, it was a fantastic time. All the staff was extremely
polite and professional to us. I had left my nice Armani sunglasses at
the pool one night and amazingly, they turned up in lost-and-found the
next day!!!!

The main attraction is the beach, which is stunning! The sand is
powdery and the water is the most beautiful turkoise blue you can
imagine. We were worried the first day because it was overcast and
rainy but this cleared up on day 2 and was clear and dry for the rest
of the week. If you are just going to relax like us I would avoid the
hurricane season since bad weather would have DEFITELY ruined our stay.
If you are single and looking to 'hook up' I doubt the weather
would make much difference. The singles scene looked hot and everyone
we talked to said there was a good ratio of guys to gals. We met people
from all different walks of life but most were 30-something
professionals (no doctors or lawyers though). We did not participate in
any of the organized activities but it all looked like fun. There were
activities all day long to keep everyone mingling. I heard that the
nightlife was terrific. Caveat: be warned: this is a CANADIAN resort.
Only about 20% of the people we met were from the states.

The club itself is beautiful but not the Ritz. Our room was newly
renovated and extremely clean and tastefully decorated. Lovely
cabinetry and furnishings and the bathroom was gorgeous with tile
everywhere and a large tile and glass shower. TV had 60+ channels and
there was a refrigerator. The mattress was hard as a rock (my guess is
they are expecting guests to do gymnastics on it) but this was quickly
remedied by requesting 3 extra bedspreads and layering them up under
the bottom sheet. We paid extra for the ocean view room in building
'A' on the third floor which was very close to the main buildings.
This was well worth the money since the view was spectacular (but no
balcony) and it was only a short walk to all the action. The grounds
are LUSH and well maintained. All the garbage (even cigarette butts)
was picked up daily. The main buildings are slightly run-down but
clean, and the pool was clean but not overly attractive. There was
plenty of seating and they had these wonderful romantic bed-like
loungers with white gauze awnings that you could snuggle up to your
honey in.

The food was adequate with lots of choices but I was not overly
impressed. Beef seemed to be a commodity. There were wonderful breads
and deserts though and we could take as much as we wanted back to the
room. The table wine was also nice and the wait staff was fast. All
meals were 2 =BD hours long so there were no lines and you did not need
to hurry. But the BEST part of the meal program was the all-day open
bar. Pina-colada's, daiquiris, most call-liquors (on request),
cappuccino and espresso could be had at any time after 10 am. The
bartenders were very polite and you could ask for doubles if you
wanted...no problem.

Club Med Turkoise was touted as having a great SCUBA outfit. THEY DO! I
was extremely impressed with the boats, dive equipment and
professionalism of the staff. I was also impressed that they did not
allow divers to go down unless they had an up-to-date log book OR took
their refresher course in the pool. I had to take the refresher, which
was very thorough. Congratulations go to their rigorous adherence to
safety. My husband wanted to get his diving certification while there
and this was no problem. The course was taught by a young guy named
James who was very professional and thorough. The course cost $425
which included all the PADI materials, class work, 5 hours of pool work
and 4 open water dives. He had to study the material and take all the
tests but enjoyed every step.

The diving itself was lovely. The reefs were spectacular with lots of
colorful coral and interesting formations. Visibility was excellent.

All in all, I would DEFINITELY recommend this club to anyone
Old January 21st, 2006, 04:24 PM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

I would have to disagree about the statements on hurricane Season... We typically
travel to the Caribbean in Sept., peak of the season, and have never had any
significant inconveniences. These trips include 5 times at Club Med Turkoise.
If you want to see a 'photo album' from our visit there this past Sept, check my web
site at:
http://www.hammocktree.org/ms/CMTC05/CMTC05.html
Or see some of my trip reports for this and other Club Med and other resorts as:
http://www.hammocktree.org/ms/trips.html
Mike....

wrote:
[...]

meals were 2 ½ hours long so there were no lines and you did not need

Old February 14th, 2006, 01:38 AM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

Very nice review. Was this your first visit to an all-inclusive? I've been
on a number of cruises but never to an all-inclusive resort. I'm thinking
of trying one next vacation.

--
Gary Vocks
www.under-1-roof.com