rent car from Amsterdam to Brussels

Old April 20th, 2008, 06:43 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_3_]

Default rent car from Amsterdam to Brussels

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
Martin wrote:

Academically Boris was bright. Do people like him cheat in exams or what?

He probably is bright! But then again, so is Mixi!

I doubt if you have any evidence at all to support your assertion that Mixi
is bright. I think that he is really dim, and have said so many times over
the years.
--

JohnT

Old April 20th, 2008, 07:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Martin wrote:

Academically Boris was bright. Do people like him cheat in exams or what?

He probably is bright! But then again, so is Mixi!

I doubt if you have any evidence at all to support your assertion that Mixi
is bright. I think that he is really dim, and have said so many times over
the years.

I don't think there's any point having a debate over intelligence (I'd
expect his IQ is above average, for example), but I do think he is
intelligent- that's one reason I find him so annoying, and I suspect one
reason people find his situation in an attic so intriguing. Jack's
supposition he has Asperger's might explain some of it...

I know it's cliched, but some people can be very intelligent, and yet do
stupid things all the time.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the
Old April 20th, 2008, 08:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle

"Tom P" wrote in message
I Googled Bruges Castle and came up with this:

http://entertainment.webshots.com/ph...69727321MgyzFG

Mind you, there are lots of other nice things in Brugge apart from this, I
wonder how come the OP wants to see a castle no-one has heard of?

Having just returned from a visit to Brugge, I agree there are many other
things to see and a visit only to see this would not be worthwhile, although
very lovely. The OP was told about a castle and believed it to be true, so
there is no need for rudeness...I had enough of that while visiting France.

--Jean

Old April 20th, 2008, 08:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Tom P" wrote in message
I Googled Bruges Castle and came up with this:

http://entertainment.webshots.com/ph...69727321MgyzFG

Mind you, there are lots of other nice things in Brugge apart from this, I
wonder how come the OP wants to see a castle no-one has heard of?

Having just returned from a visit to Brugge, I agree there are many other
things to see and a visit only to see this would not be worthwhile, although
very lovely. The OP was told about a castle and believed it to be true, so
there is no need for rudeness...I had enough of that while visiting France.

If you were asking where Bruges Castle was all the time, what did you
expect?

Old April 20th, 2008, 08:55 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle

"tile" wrote in message
I will join the other people who suggested to take a train. First of all.
there is a train station directly at the Airport of Amsterdam

so you will not need to bother about taxis or transfers.

secondly. of all the Countries in Europe.. Holland is a nation where
almost everybody speaks English. You might ask children in the streets
directly in English. and chances are they will answer directly in good
english.

Dutch people normally speak german as well ( even if they do not like
speaking german) and many speak french too.

Roads in Holland are often jammed.. so a train is a very good solution.
you do not need to book
I do not know what you are looking for in Antwerp.. unless you want to go
to the Zoo or the Diamonds market

Maybe what you are looking for in Brugge is the church ??

do not forget that in Belgium there are parts where people speak French
and where people speak Dutch.
So the real names are Bruges and Antwerp. ( of course. Anverse and Brugge
exist.. )
In Bruxelles ffor instance. french will be spoken in town. but outside
Dutch will be spoken..

sometimes the names are puzzling completely different.. like Mons in
french and Bergen in Dutch.
Or Aix la chapelle.. Aachen ??

At last.... thank you for an informative and polite answer. It is
refreshing after the pollution of all the spam advertisements and snide
remarks at the expense of the OP.

Old April 20th, 2008, 08:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

[]
At last.... thank you for an informative

titter

Old April 20th, 2008, 09:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Tom P" wrote in message
I Googled Bruges Castle and came up with this:

http://entertainment.webshots.com/ph...69727321MgyzFG

Mind you, there are lots of other nice things in Brugge apart from
this, I
wonder how come the OP wants to see a castle no-one has heard of?

Having just returned from a visit to Brugge, I agree there are many other
things to see and a visit only to see this would not be worthwhile,
although
very lovely. The OP was told about a castle and believed it to be true,
so
there is no need for rudeness...I had enough of that while visiting
France.

If you were asking where Bruges Castle was all the time, what did you
expect?

I would have responded much more politely after doing some research...not
ridiculed the OP.
Sorry...I don't like intentional rudeness.

--Jean

Old April 20th, 2008, 10:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle

"Magda" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 14:47:38 -0500, in rec.travel.europe, "Jean O'Boyle"
arranged some electrons, so they
looked like this:

... "Tom P" wrote in message
... ...
... I Googled Bruges Castle and came up with this:
... http://entertainment.webshots.com/ph...69727321MgyzFG
... Mind you, there are lots of other nice things in Brugge apart from
this, I
... wonder how come the OP wants to see a castle no-one has heard of?
... Having just returned from a visit to Brugge, I agree there are many
other
... things to see and a visit only to see this would not be worthwhile,
although
... very lovely. The OP was told about a castle and believed it to be
true, so
... there is no need for rudeness...I had enough of that while visiting
France.

You are new on these shores, are you not?

The "old members" know better!

So if you are an "old member" and part of a clique, it permits you to be
rude? No one has the right to ridicule someone who is searching for
information. If she knew all about the supposed castle, she would not have
asked.
What does the remark, "You are new on these shores," mean by the way?

Old April 20th, 2008, 10:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle

"Magda" wrote in message

You don't get anything, do you? Everything has to be explained to you in
detail?

Translation: You don't know yourself...but then, you do know how to be
discourteous. The last sentence of your post explains it...You get your
jollies making fun of people...sad.

Old April 20th, 2008, 11:43 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
VainGlorious

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 00:01:17 +0200, Magda
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 16:25:09 -0500, in rec.travel.europe, "Jean O'Boyle"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... "Magda" wrote in message
... ...
... You don't get anything, do you? Everything has to be explained to you in
... detail?
... Translation: You don't know yourself...but then, you do know how to be
... discourteous. The last sentence of your post explains it...You get your
... jollies making fun of people...sad.

This Jean biped is even thicker that he/she looks, folks...

I'm familiar with the species...
The kind of person who is rather short on critical thinking skills and
expects others to fill in the gaps and do it courteously, regardless
of the burden. If the minions fail to supplant its limited intellect
with proper supplication, or if the minions actually point out (with
humor or without) that said person is dense and irritating, the
"rudeness" label is produced.

Jean: you are stupid. Not ignorant; just stupid. And because you are
stupid you will occasionally be ridiculed. Deal with it.

- TR