United Airlines, new luggage policy

Old February 5th, 2008, 02:33 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter[_3_]

Default United Airlines, new luggage policy

Bill wrote in
:

grossbea wrote:

It applies to "Non-members or General Members of Mileage Plus on
non-refundable Economy fares."

It doesn't apply to "All First or Business class customers / All
Economy class customers on refundable fares / All Premier and Premier
Associate Mileage Plus members on any fare, or Global Services, 1K,
Premier Executive Mileage Plus members and Star Alliance Gold members
on any fare."

Out of curiosity, what does air booked by the cruise line count
as?

Bill

the cheapest seat on the plane

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Old February 5th, 2008, 02:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Bill wrote:

grossbea wrote:
It applies to "Non-members or General Members of Mileage Plus on
non-refundable Economy fares."

It doesn't apply to "All First or Business class customers / All Economy
class customers on refundable fares / All Premier and Premier Associate
Mileage Plus members on any fare, or Global Services, 1K, Premier Executive
Mileage Plus members and Star Alliance Gold members on any fare."

Out of curiosity, what does air booked by the cruise line count
as?

My guess is that with Princess Air you would have to pay for the 2nd
bag, unless you have enough FF miles with United.

sue
Old February 5th, 2008, 03:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Charles wrote:

I never check more than one bag but I can see what is coming. Next they
will add a charge for any checked bags.

This is what Spirit does....charges for all checked bags!

The notion of low fares and actual service are incompatible thoughts.
This is all fairly inevitable I think.

Jeff
Old February 5th, 2008, 03:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Joseph Coulter wrote:
Bill wrote in
:

grossbea wrote:
It applies to "Non-members or General Members of Mileage Plus on
non-refundable Economy fares."

It doesn't apply to "All First or Business class customers / All
Economy class customers on refundable fares / All Premier and Premier
Associate Mileage Plus members on any fare, or Global Services, 1K,
Premier Executive Mileage Plus members and Star Alliance Gold members
on any fare."

Out of curiosity, what does air booked by the cruise line count
as?

Bill

the cheapest seat on the plane

In the worst possible seat, with the worst connections.....

lol

Jeff

Old February 5th, 2008, 04:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Jeff wrote:
Joseph Coulter wrote:
Bill wrote in
:

grossbea wrote:
It applies to "Non-members or General Members of Mileage Plus on
non-refundable Economy fares."

It doesn't apply to "All First or Business class customers / All
Economy class customers on refundable fares / All Premier and Premier
Associate Mileage Plus members on any fare, or Global Services, 1K,
Premier Executive Mileage Plus members and Star Alliance Gold members
on any fare."
Out of curiosity, what does air booked by the cruise line count
as?

Bill

the cheapest seat on the plane

In the worst possible seat, with the worst connections.....

lol

At the earliest hour possibe.lol

sue
Old February 5th, 2008, 04:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

sue mullen wrote:

Jeff wrote:
Joseph Coulter wrote:
Bill wrote in
:

grossbea wrote:
It applies to "Non-members or General Members of Mileage Plus on
non-refundable Economy fares."

It doesn't apply to "All First or Business class customers / All
Economy class customers on refundable fares / All Premier and Premier
Associate Mileage Plus members on any fare, or Global Services, 1K,
Premier Executive Mileage Plus members and Star Alliance Gold members
on any fare."
Out of curiosity, what does air booked by the cruise line count
as?

Bill

the cheapest seat on the plane

In the worst possible seat, with the worst connections.....

lol

At the earliest hour possibe.lol

sue

Ha -- they didn't do that one! Celebrity actually booked me on a
10:20am flight out of EWR for my upcoming flight to San Juan. Of
course, I have to change planes in Miami and only arrive in SJU
at 6:40pm. But it could be worse, I know someone flying out of
JFK for the same flight who is going through Detroit (as our
return flight was going to be, until NW changed it to have a 3
hour layover and Celebrity rebooked us on a non-stop, but it
doesn't leave until 6:40pm and arrives at 10pm). Also, at least
with a 10:20am flight I can leave my house at a reasonable hour
and not have to spend the night at an airport hotel. At least
it's not a 7am departure and 6:40pm arrival!

But the question was related to fare class and how it would
affect this new regulation. We're booked in class M on AA, and
the notes say it is refundable only to the cruise line and valid
on AA only -- but not that it is non-refundable.

Bill
Old February 5th, 2008, 04:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 04:10:53 GMT, Bill wrote:

But the question was related to fare class and how it would
affect this new regulation. We're booked in class M on AA, and
the notes say it is refundable only to the cruise line and valid
on AA only -- but not that it is non-refundable.

Hi Bill,

There is not a new regulation. UA has implemented a charge whereas AA
has not (at least not yet) implemented a charge.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old February 5th, 2008, 04:25 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Ray Goldenberg wrote:

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 04:10:53 GMT, Bill wrote:

But the question was related to fare class and how it would
affect this new regulation. We're booked in class M on AA, and
the notes say it is refundable only to the cruise line and valid
on AA only -- but not that it is non-refundable.

Hi Bill,

There is not a new regulation. UA has implemented a charge whereas AA
has not (at least not yet) implemented a charge.

Yes, but my question is more of a theoretical one (and my use of
the word regulation was probably wrong). It's apparently not
going into effect until May, anyway, but it would be foolish not
to expect AA to follow along if UA can get away with it.

Bill
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter[_3_]

Bill wrote in news:47A7E544.E251FAE7
@prodigy.net:

Ray Goldenberg wrote:

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 04:10:53 GMT, Bill wrote:

But the question was related to fare class and how it would
affect this new regulation. We're booked in class M on AA, and
the notes say it is refundable only to the cruise line and valid
on AA only -- but not that it is non-refundable.

Hi Bill,

There is not a new regulation. UA has implemented a charge whereas

AA
has not (at least not yet) implemented a charge.

Yes, but my question is more of a theoretical one (and my use of
the word regulation was probably wrong). It's apparently not
going into effect until May, anyway, but it would be foolish not
to expect AA to follow along if UA can get away with it.

Bill

As with most airline changes everyone in the biz will watch for a bit
and then either jump on board or the change initiator will silently go
back to the former standard (Announce it loudly as if the return was a
significant change such as NEVER A CHARGE FOR 2ND BAG!!!).

Old February 5th, 2008, 12:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LeeNY

On Feb 4, 2:03 pm, sue mullen wrote:
If you are a member of
their frequent flyer program, you do not have to pay this new fee.

Seems like a no-brainer to me. Join their frequent flyer program.
There's no charge to join, right? I know I didn't pay anything for my
Continental, American, USAir FF programs. If I plan to fly United
anytime soon, I'll just join!