NY: The Inside Tip :)

Old November 20th, 2003, 09:24 AM
Oli Watts

Default NY: The Inside Tip :)

Hi,

Been reading various postings on this NG, and wanted to see if I could
enlist your expert help!

I'm visiting the beautiful city of New York in February 2004 with a
friend of mine, and am staying at the Edison Hotel. We have visited
previously, but this time I am hoping to have both a traditional
tourist experience, and also a 'New Yorker's' New York experience. In
particular, i'm looking for some tips on:

-Good, moderately priced restaurants (Diners, Italian, Delis, Chinese,
Indian, anything)

-Music stores (places that will have limited edition/rare CDs etc)

-Clothing stores (second-hand stores, retro-style shops, suitable for
student shopping!)

-Bars/Clubs (places that we can eat at, with some kind of
music/entertainment, and that may be responsive to 2 under-21s being
there)

-Anything else (in addition to the typical tourist places, any little
hidden treasures!)

Many thanks for your time!

All the best

-Oli