We survived Europe !

Old May 27th, 2006, 11:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default We survived Europe !

On Sat, 27 May 2006 22:06:15 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article .com,
says...
Survival sounds like the correct adjective to describe the chaos of 30
days on a buse covering twelve countries.

I think those tours should be banned.

What a nonsense. Some people like being in a different place every day.
And since the tour was organised, everything must have been prearranged,
so no chaos at all.

Then you can go home knowing you've done Europe. Just what is the
point anyway?

Sorry Cathy, but I just see how that would have been enjoyable!
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old May 27th, 2006, 11:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

In article .com,
says...
Survival sounds like the correct adjective to describe the chaos of 30
days on a buse covering twelve countries.

I think those tours should be banned.

What a nonsense. Some people like being in a different place every day.
And since the tour was organised, everything must have been prearranged,
so no chaos at all.

Then you can go home knowing you've done Europe. Just what is the
point anyway?

Sorry Cathy, but I just see how that would have been enjoyable!
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
---

Dave,

That's quite alright. I believe you truly "just can't see how that
would have been enjoyable".

I am a little more broad minded and believe people enjoy different
things different ways. Hopefully you can try harder to be a bit more
understanding.

Cathy
Old May 27th, 2006, 11:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sat, 27 May 2006 23:50:31 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Then you can go home knowing you've done Europe. Just what is the
point anyway?

Looks like you feel they "desecrated" the continent, by quickly moving
from one place to the next. But it's in fact a perfectly legitimate way
of travelling. Some people like spending one month in one place, others
like to rush around. I guess Cathy wanted to see as much as possible in
a limited time.

It's just a pity that she spent just one day in Paris (two or three are
the minimum to at least see the major things) and I wonder why they made
that stop in Innsbruck (not Insbrook), instead of visiting nearby
Munich. And actually they should have moved from A to B by plane,
instead of spending hours on a bus. When you visit so many (far away)
places in a short time you need to fly.

Alfred,

We would really love to spend a lot of time in Paris. It is so lovely
and easy to get around. Hopefully some day.

Also, my husband and I both have German roots. We spent the least time
in Germany.

Our next trip we will rent a car and travel around by ourselves.

We have most of the major tourist spots out of the way.

Cathy
Old May 27th, 2006, 11:55 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sat, 27 May 2006 15:21:45 -0500, wrote:

In article ,

*From:* Cathy L
*Date:* Sat, 27 May 2006 19:44:49 GMT

On Sat, 27 May 2006 14:31:12 GMT, Cathy L
wrote:

We survived our big trip to Europe! Thirty days blasting around twelve
countries in a bus. We left on April 21 and returned on May 22. It was
the "European Masterpiece" tour by Cosmos. Everything went fine, with
no problems what so ever. We stayed at three star hotels. We figured
we could have taken other tours with more expensive hotels, but we
didn't think we would spend that much time in them. We were right! A
couple of the hotels were pushing the three star rating, while a
number of others were actually four stars. Breakfasts were always
included and were quite adequate. We signed up for over $2,000 worth
of optional events. It kept us busy day and night.

OK, hubby has finished typing on the lap top.

snip length report

As a matter of interest, were the activities within cities (e.g. the trips
around London and the visit to the Eiffel Tower) organised by Cosmos, or
was that all in free time?

You must love spaghetti bolognese - or maybe hate it by now!

The poster formerly known as
.

Barney,

We didn't do any of the Cosmos optional tours in London and Paris. We
opted to strike out on our own.

Believe me, I don't think I will ever eat another bowl of spaghetti
bolognese as long as I live!

It was just that Italian food was the only food, besides McDonalds,
that we could trust.

Cathy
Old May 28th, 2006, 12:00 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sat, 27 May 2006 22:41:12 +0100, "JohnT"
wrote:

"Cathy L" wrote in message
.. .
Cathy

OK, hubby has finished typing on the lap top.

Cathy

Europe Trip
April 21 - May 22

We survived our big trip to Europe! Thirty days blasting around twelve
countries in a bus. It was the "European Masterpiece" tour by Cosmos.
Everything went fine, with no problems what so ever.

And it was a good trip report which I enjoyed reading. I don't think that I
would want to do as many miles in so many days but, having said that, I once
did a 15 day tour in California in which we covered 2,000 miles. It seems as
if you enjoyed the trip and the experience and that is good. and please do
stay in touch with the group. Yes, some of us poked gentle fun at you, but
you soon found out how to retaliate. It was, I hope, all (or most) in good
humour. But one thing Bill didn't cover in his report - did the bus have a
bathroom?

JohnT

High John,

The bus did have a bathroom, but they wouldn't let anyone use it. The
stairs down to it was so steep, I don't believe many people could have
gotten down there when the bus was movig anyway. We stopped every two
hours, so it never became a problem.

You don't get much liquid intake in Europe anyway. When we ordered
Cokes, we always got the smallest bottles or cans.

Cathy
Old May 28th, 2006, 12:32 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Gregory Morrow wrote:
gRunge wrote:

Curiosity, Cathy you don't have to answer them, they are just trying to
laugh at you

Like we do with you...???

Got a mouse in your pocket?

I snort with minor disgust at the posts that quote spunge's useless
junk. The fewer people that quote his crap, the better.

Into the bit bucket with you - where you can join spunge.

*plonk*
--
dgs
Old May 28th, 2006, 12:33 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Well, 12 countries in 30 days is better than those 7 countries in 9 days
tours of Asian toursits.

I'd like to see someone travel to every country in 1 year. That would
be interesting.

I remember reading about two people who did. They managed to go
everywhere in one year except Afghanistan and one African country. I
assume in the most dangerous countries they probably either flew in and
out without leaving the airport or went to a safer neighboring country,
then stepped over a border line and then right back.

Old May 28th, 2006, 01:00 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

In article ,
Cathy L wrote:

Believe me, I don't think I will ever eat another bowl of spaghetti
bolognese as long as I live!

It was just that Italian food was the only food, besides McDonalds,
that we could trust.

Cathy

I admit to burning curiosity. Why was Italian the only food you felt you
could trust? For food safety? That doesn't make a lot of sense since it
comes out of the same kitchens. Just for familiarity?

I confess that food is extrememly important to me when traveling and I
try to hit at least one Michelin starred restaurant each trip but that I
love finding a place full of nothing but locals and eating whatever they
eat. If I don't like it then I never have to try that again.
Old May 28th, 2006, 01:04 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

"PTravel" wrote in message
. com...

You seem very defensive.

*sigh* It's a troll...talkingheadssame as it ever was/talkingheads

Ian

Old May 28th, 2006, 01:07 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

dgs wrote:

Gregory Morrow wrote:
gRunge wrote:

Curiosity, Cathy you don't have to answer them, they are just trying to
laugh at you

Like we do with you...???

Got a mouse in your pocket?

I snort with minor disgust at the posts that quote spunge's useless
junk. The fewer people that quote his crap, the better.

Into the bit bucket with you - where you can join spunge.

I wasn't subjected to a similar announcement, but I might now be in
dgs's killfile.

One problem with the killfile strategy for dealing with pest
infestation is that some pests just won't go away, and we have a
considerable transient or occasional membership of the group -- so
posters like gRunge get some readers, and they might manage to distort
people's perceptions of the group.

People who are not here much might benefit from warnings that gRunge
is a special class of participant. That's one reason why I don't
killfile him.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED