Restaurants for kids in Frisco

Old December 22nd, 2005, 10:59 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Restaurants for kids in Frisco

Carmen L. Abruzzi wrote:
Dennis Marks wrote:
"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message
In article .com,
"PeterL" wrote:

clint wrote:
The cow(my wife) and kids are going to California, LA and Frisco, how
about
kid-friendly eats in Frisco? I know LA is no problemo!

I think there are a couple of Denny's in Frisco, Colorado.

McDonalds restaurants have those play grounds.

Don't get the natives mad.

It's not about getting mad. It's just that Frisco is one place and San
Francisco is another place, even if "Frisco" has occasionally been used
as a nickname for SF. If you mean San Francisco, don't say "Frisco",
any more than you would say "Gotham City" when you mean "New York
City".

"Hey, I'm coming to the east coast and I wanna know all about Gotham
City, where's a good place to stay and where are some really kid
friendly restaurants in Gotham City?"

And calling your wife the "cow" probably don't go over well in Frisco
or SF or Gotham City.

It is San Francisco or The City.

Unless you are asking about:
a.. Frisco, CO (town)
Population (1990): 1601
Location: 39.57906 N, 106.09603 W
Zip Code(s): 80435
b.. Frisco, TX (city)
Population (1990): 6141
Location: 33.14450 N, 96.81295 W
Zip Code(s): 75034 75056 75068 75070 75078
c.. Frisco City, AL (town)
Population (1990): 1581
Location: 31.43432 N, 87.40356 W
Zip Code(s): 36445

Old December 22nd, 2005, 11:15 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:31:33 -0800, "Cesar" wrote:

I would try any one of the Mel's Drive-In Diners on Lombard, Van Ness and
Geary.

Or the three Lori's Diner locations around Union Square.

-- Larry

Old December 23rd, 2005, 12:30 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

how about kid-friendly eats in Frisco? I know LA is no problemo!

This is an upbeat friendly place central location in Frisco (at Preston Rd.
and Gaylord Parkway). Guests 10 & under can get their choice of Meat, 2
Veggies, & a Roll for just $2.99.

http://www.cottonpatch.com/

Old December 23rd, 2005, 01:45 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Thanks for all thethe responses that were serious!

More seriously I would take them to Chinatown--especially for a dim sum
lunch at a large place (with multiple rolling carts with metal trays holding
plates with dumplingy things and shirmpy things and sweet bean-pasty things
and barbeque things). You can pick several for only a dollar or two each
and if the kids don't like one, they will certainly like the next. Here's
one dim sum summary, but if you google you will get more compendia of
recommendations:
http://www.sallys-place.com/food/sin...sf_dim_sum.htm

For hotel, I would use Priceline, first checking successful bids at
www.biddingfortravel.com and if it doesn't like you will get Embarcadero
specifically then stay at Union Square. From there you can take those
beautiful trolley cars (collected from all over the world) a few stops to
Embarcadero. Though maybe staying at Fisherman's Wharf, where the trolleys
also go around to Embarcadero, might suit your kids interests more (more
touristy shops--and a Trader Joe's!). The one limitation with Priceline
would be that you get a room that will work for two adults, but are not
necessarily guaranteed more than one bed. This place can be a good value,
in a very good location a few blocks from Fisherman's Wharf on the Cable Car
lines, where you can get a larger room or suite:
http://www.columbusmotorinn.com/

Old December 23rd, 2005, 04:00 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:42:02 -0500, "clint" wrote:

Thanks for all thethe responses that were seious!

Believe me, they were all serious, in response to someone who refers to his wife
as "the cow" and SF as Frisco. Take it to heart.

-- Fred

Old December 26th, 2005, 08:19 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default DON'T FEED THE TROLL

Old December 26th, 2005, 08:20 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada