For that full LA movie media experience visit...?

Old October 28th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Manchester Fan

Default For that full LA movie media experience visit...?

Can anyone suggest places that I should visit to get a taste of the
Hollywood movie/TV industry. I've already got Mann's Chinese Theatre, the
Walk, the film studio tours, the entertainment museum, the museum of TV and
radio all on the agenda but I wondered if there was anywhere else that I
should add to the list?
Mancunifan.

Old October 28th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Go Fig

In article ,
"Manchester Fan" wrote:

Can anyone suggest places that I should visit to get a taste of the
Hollywood movie/TV industry. I've already got Mann's Chinese Theatre, the
Walk, the film studio tours, the entertainment museum, the museum of TV and
radio all on the agenda but I wondered if there was anywhere else that I
should add to the list?
Mancunifan.

Consider seeing the Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno at the NBC studios in
Burbank.

jay
Tue, Oct 28, 2003

--

Legend insists that as he finished his abject...
Galileo muttered under his breath: "Nevertheless, it does move."
Old October 28th, 2003, 08:21 PM
Manchester Fan

Isn't it almost impossible to get tickets though? I'm there first week in
December.

Tue, Oct 28, 2003

Old October 28th, 2003, 08:38 PM
Go Fig

In article ,
"Manchester Fan" wrote:

Isn't it almost impossible to get tickets though? I'm there first week in
December.

Yes it is highly popular. You have missed the deadline to get tickets
in advance, but if they have tickets still available, they are available
that day:

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_S.../tickets.shtml

Tickets for a specific show are available the day of the show only at the NBC
Ticket Box, located at NBC in Burbank, CA. The NBC Ticket Box opens at 8:00
a.m. All available tickets are distributed to the public on a first come,
first-served two (2) tickets per person basis.

Depending on the musical guest for that evening, you might be able to
get seats.

jay
Tue, Oct 28, 2003

Tue, Oct 28, 2003

Old October 28th, 2003, 09:31 PM
Peter L

"Manchester Fan" wrote in message
Isn't it almost impossible to get tickets though? I'm there first week in
December.

There are people pitching tickets to other TV shows at the Chinese theatre.

Tue, Oct 28, 2003

Old October 29th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Mancunifan

There are people pitching tickets to other TV shows at the Chinese theatre.

I don't really care that much what I go and see. The Ortegas if they
are filming it would be interesting, if only because I've seen the UK
version of the show, but it was more for the experience than anything
else really. Do they just hand out tickets outside the chinese theatre
or what are the best way to book tickets?
Old October 29th, 2003, 08:37 PM
Peter L

"Mancunifan" wrote in message
m...

There are people pitching tickets to other TV shows at the Chinese

theatre.

I don't really care that much what I go and see. The Ortegas if they
are filming it would be interesting, if only because I've seen the UK
version of the show, but it was more for the experience than anything
else really. Do they just hand out tickets outside the chinese theatre
or what are the best way to book tickets?

Yes they do just hand out tickets, but probably not all the time. So if you
want specific shows you may want to call ahead. The Tonight show has same
day tickets which you can pick up from NBC, first come first serve.

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_S.../tickets.shtml

Old October 29th, 2003, 10:25 PM
PTRAVEL

"Manchester Fan" wrote in message
Can anyone suggest places that I should visit to get a taste of the
Hollywood movie/TV industry. I've already got Mann's Chinese Theatre, the
Walk, the film studio tours, the entertainment museum, the museum of TV

and
radio all on the agenda but I wondered if there was anywhere else that I
should add to the list?
Mancunifan.

Mann's Chinese, the Walk of Fame and the Universal Studio Tour have
virtually nothing to do with the industry. One is a movie theater, one a
bunch of plaques set in concrete, and the last a theme park. If you are
really interested in how films are made, take the Burbank Studios Tour. It
requires advance reservations and, from what I understand is a bit on the
pricey side, but you'll an actual working film studio, get shown the back
stage areas and probably get to see a film or television show (not a
live-audience sitcom) being shot.

Old November 1st, 2003, 06:24 PM
JJ Michelson

Tour Paramount studios (it's on Melrose Ave)... it's a real studio,
unlike Universal which is just some BS Disney-like theme park (mostly).

Old November 1st, 2003, 06:26 PM
JJ Michelson

Also, check out...
http://www.audiencesunlimited.com