Travel to Miami - Key West during Xmas time

Old December 12th, 2003, 05:12 AM
L1

Default Travel to Miami - Key West during Xmas time

i am planning to see Miami + Key West during christmas time for 3
nights, 4 days.

Any suggestion on the itinerary? Should i stay in key west for 2
nights, or one night is enough? any suggestion on the accomodation?

Also booking lodging in miami, what unsafe area should I avoid?

thanks,
l1
Old December 12th, 2003, 08:26 AM
Brian K

On 12/12/2003 12:12 AM L1 performed amanuensis:

i am planning to see Miami + Key West during christmas time for 3
nights, 4 days.

Any suggestion on the itinerary? Should i stay in key west for 2
nights, or one night is enough? any suggestion on the accommodations?

Also booking lodging in miami, what unsafe area should I avoid?

thanks,
l1

Prices during holidays in Key West and Miami are triple at most places.
Also, since it is prime time you need to have booked 3 months ago to get
a choice. Now you'll be lucky to find a room in some of the older
beat-up lodgings.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old December 12th, 2003, 06:07 PM
clint

Avoid Miami like the plague and stay on Miami Beach. Unless you are one of
the "beautiful" people, one night in Miami Beach is enough with your limited
time.
It's a beautiful drive to Key West, a charming, and "funky" place still.

.net...

Old December 12th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Rodney Boles

Brian K wrote in message k.net...
On 12/12/2003 12:12 AM L1 performed amanuensis:

i am planning to see Miami + Key West during christmas time for 3
nights, 4 days.

Any suggestion on the itinerary? Should i stay in key west for 2
nights, or one night is enough? any suggestion on the accommodations?

Also booking lodging in miami, what unsafe area should I avoid?

thanks,
l1

Prices during holidays in Key West and Miami are triple at most places.
Also, since it is prime time you need to have booked 3 months ago to get
a choice. Now you'll be lucky to find a room in some of the older
beat-up lodgings.

I went to South Beach (Miami) a while back and didn't book until last
minute.
We were looking for cheap, so not sure what was available at higher
prices. But we paid around $55/night across the street from the
Delano. Didn't seem like they'd jacked the prices at all.

Key West was a different story. Rooms were sold out way in advance.

For Miami, South Beach is probably the most interesting place to stay,
especially if you were considering Key West.