nokia 3310 (GSM) in the US (and with prepaid service?)

Old June 3rd, 2005, 05:32 PM

Default nokia 3310 (GSM) in the US (and with prepaid service?)

Hi, I bought a nokia 3310 (GSM) in Italy and have found it to be
sufficent but I will be going to the US for a few months and have two
questions:

#1 Will the 3310 work in the US? (I know it is 900/1800 but don't know
what they use in the US)

#2 (If it does work in the US) can anyone recommend any cost-effective
prepaid services? (Since I will only be there alittle over 2 months i
don't want to bother with all these american phone services that
require a year or more of use).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

-Gaiko

Old June 3rd, 2005, 06:09 PM
Horson Buggy

.... as far as U.S. prepaid plans are concerned I like www.tracfone.com (I
have several Tracfones) - their phones will roam onto other networks that
use the same technology.
If you are a yakker and burnup lots of airtime you may want to try
www.net10.com - they use GSM phones that are locked exclusively into the
Cingular network but as far as I know they do not roam.

oups.com...

Old June 4th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Steven M. Scharf

PeterL wrote:

What'll you need the phone for? You may want to get a paid by the
minute phone (available in lots of stores in the US). It's expensive
on a per minute basis, but you don't have to sign up for a plan.

Prepaid is available for 10 cents per minute (stay away from Tracfone,
InPulse, GoPhone, or Virgin). However the down side is no free nights
and weekends as with most postpaid plans.

See "http://prepaiduswireless.com"

Old June 4th, 2005, 09:02 PM
SoCalMike

Steven M. Scharf wrote:
PeterL wrote:

What'll you need the phone for? You may want to get a paid by the
minute phone (available in lots of stores in the US). It's expensive
on a per minute basis, but you don't have to sign up for a plan.

Prepaid is available for 10 cents per minute (stay away from Tracfone,
InPulse, GoPhone, or Virgin). However the down side is no free nights
and weekends as with most postpaid plans.

See "http://prepaiduswireless.com"

theres absolutely nothing wrong with virgin mobile, as long as you have
adequate sprint service in your area. they even offer 10cents/minute,
with a 35 cent daily surcharge.