St. Pete Clearwater beaches /oil spill

Old July 18th, 2010, 07:25 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

Default St. Pete Clearwater beaches /oil spill

FYI: saw this online, so if heading there might want to use this guarantee
when you book a trip:
http://www.visitstpeteclearwater.com/beachcam
The St. Pete Clearwater area is closely monitoring developments surrounding
the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, and to date there is no threat that
would impact our area beaches in any way: all of our accommodations,
restaurants and attractions---as well as our 35 miles of award-winning
beaches---remain 100% open for business.
In fact, we're so confident that our coastline will remain completely
unaffected, local hoteliers are offering a St. Pete/Clearwater "Book With
Confidence" guarantee, which makes visitors a simple promise: if you arrive
to find our pristine beaches affected by the oil spill in any way, your
first night is 100% on us---taxes and resort fees included. It's that
simple---just look for the "Book With Confidence" guarantee on the
individual accommodation listings on our website to find participating
partners, and make your summer getaway plans today.

In addition to our guarantee, travel giant Orbitz.com has partnered with a
number of area hotels to offer an Open Beach Guarantee, which promises full
refunds on standalone hotel reservations if any beach within 20 miles of
that hotel is closed due to oil. Similarly, Hilton Worldwide recently
announced a Beach Satisfaction Guarantee, which waives cancellation and
early departure fees if your stay is affected by the spill.

Of course, we'll continue to monitor the situation, but in the meantime
check out these live webcams from our award winning beaches---and picture
yourself already relaxing on them!
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/generic...ch_live_webcam

http://www.plazabeach.com/index.php?...e&pid=oilspill

Old July 24th, 2010, 05:00 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Anonymouse[_5_]

On 7/18/2010 1:25 PM, - Bobb - wrote:
[...]

Hi,

from Central Florida south has been unaffected so far... dunno what this
storm will bring but it's been good so far from Clearwater/St.Pete south.

ttyl

Hackamore
http://www.hackamoretravel.com