Victoria Falls

Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:01 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Victoria Falls

Is it better to do Victoria Falls from Zambia or from Zimbabwe?
Criteria I can think of is the appearance of the falls (ie, does one
side provide a superior view as compared with the other) and what to
do/see nearby.

Cheers,
Leo

Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:28 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Leo Kerner wrote:

Is it better to do Victoria Falls from Zambia or from Zimbabwe?
Criteria I can think of is the appearance of the falls (ie, does one
side provide a superior view as compared with the other) and what to
do/see nearby.

Zimbabwe has the better view, especially in the low water season when
the Zambian side of the falls often dries up.

--
Johan W. Elzenga johanatjohanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl
Old May 23rd, 2006, 06:56 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

Have $50 to $75 in your budget so you can
take one of the short flights.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 08:33 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

I personally think that the view is better from the Zambian side, but
you really should see it from both sides. I far prefer the town of
Livingstone to the town of Victoria Falls from an
accomodation/facilities/atmosphere point of view.

Of course, being an SA passport holder I don't have to buy a visa for
either country, so I can cross over the bridge as often as I like.

Marc - Johannesburg

Old May 23rd, 2006, 01:30 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

On Tue, 23 May 2006 08:01:29 +0200, "Jan" wrote:

snip
Other things to do :
night cruise on the river.
visit a crocodile farm.
game walk

Skimming over your post I read that as "a night crocodile walk" which
sounds very exciting!
--
.--~~,__
:-....,-------`~~'._.'

Old May 24th, 2006, 08:34 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Leo Kerner schrieb:
Is it better to do Victoria Falls from Zambia or from Zimbabwe?
Criteria I can think of is the appearance of the falls (ie, does one
side provide a superior view as compared with the other) and what to
do/see nearby.

Cheers,
Leo

And...
....check the security situation in Zimbabwe first!
Yours, Michael
Old May 26th, 2006, 01:59 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Leo Kerner wrote:
Is it better to do Victoria Falls from Zambia or from Zimbabwe?
Criteria I can think of is the appearance of the falls (ie, does one
side provide a superior view as compared with the other) and what to
do/see nearby.

Cheers,
Leo

I went to Vic Falls in Feb stayed at Shoestrings backpackers. Walked
across the bridge to the Zambian side and back no problem