relatively 'quiet' beach holiday- costa daurada

Old June 20th, 2010, 10:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Default relatively 'quiet' beach holiday- costa daurada

In peak season (end of July for one week) probably not possible. We'd
appreciate any suggestions. We usually go to Sitges, but not peak
season. Flying into Barcelona, and willing to travel as far south as
Valencia. Public transport only, preferably train. I rather like
Tarragona from previous visits, but imagine nearby resorts (Salou) are
busy. If you know anything a bit quieter would appreciate a heads up.

Thanks.

David

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)

Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Jan wrote:

How about North to Cadeques ??

I like the idea, but in the end just plumped for a (somewhat) expensive
hotel in Sitges which seems quiet.. we'll see.

Old June 23rd, 2010, 03:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jan[_1_]

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
In peak season (end of July for one week) probably not possible. We'd
appreciate any suggestions. We usually go to Sitges, but not peak
season. Flying into Barcelona, and willing to travel as far south as
Valencia. Public transport only, preferably train. I rather like
Tarragona from previous visits, but imagine nearby resorts (Salou) are
busy. If you know anything a bit quieter would appreciate a heads up.

Thanks.

David

Which one have you booked ??

Jan

Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Jan wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
In peak season (end of July for one week) probably not possible. We'd
appreciate any suggestions. We usually go to Sitges, but not peak
season. Flying into Barcelona, and willing to travel as far south as
Valencia. Public transport only, preferably train. I rather like
Tarragona from previous visits, but imagine nearby resorts (Salou) are
busy. If you know anything a bit quieter would appreciate a heads up.

Thanks.

David

Which one have you booked ??

Playa Golf- sea view. We know where it is from previous visits (i.e. not
in the centre.) Have you stayed there? We can still cancel...

Old June 23rd, 2010, 09:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jan[_1_]

We always stay at Madison Bahia --- not a quiet location being in the middle
of the pedestrianised street, but we go in October when the town is not so
busy, so its fine for us- and we have a room at the back.

Old June 23rd, 2010, 09:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jan[_1_]

"Jan" wrote in message
We always stay at Madison Bahia --- not a quiet location being in the
middle of the pedestrianised street, but we go in October when the town
is not so busy, so its fine for us- and we have a room at the back.

Jan

Just to add I've heard lots of good reports about Platjador and theres a new
place down "Sin Alley" called the Alenti which is supposed to be quite
something, more of a designer hotel !!! Of course both of these being
central could be relatively noisy. The Playa Golf is certainly in a quieter
setting.

Jan