Booking high-speed Spanish trains?

Old May 16th, 2010, 02:04 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jesper Lauridsen[_1_]

Default Booking high-speed Spanish trains?

Where can I book Spanish train online? I might have to do some travel on
short notice, and could end up flying into some less than optimal airports.
Old May 16th, 2010, 07:30 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge121

www.renfe.es

groupe de discussion : ...

Old May 16th, 2010, 08:21 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Donwill[_2_]

On 16/05/2010 02:04, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
Where can I book Spanish train online? I might have to do some travel on
short notice, and could end up flying into some less than optimal airports.

Or try this one:
http://www.renfe.es/horarios/english/index.html

Cheers
Don
Old May 16th, 2010, 10:05 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim....

"Donwill" wrote in message
On 16/05/2010 02:04, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
Where can I book Spanish train online? I might have to do some travel on
short notice, and could end up flying into some less than optimal
airports.

Or try this one:
http://www.renfe.es/horarios/english/index.html

unless it has changed recently, it seem impossible to book anything except
full fare tickets via the English website

IME, if you want the discount fares you have to work in Spanish.

tim

Old May 16th, 2010, 03:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Donwill[_2_]

On 16/05/2010 10:05, tim.... wrote:
wrote in message

On 16/05/2010 02:04, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:

Where can I book Spanish train online? I might have to do some travel on
short notice, and could end up flying into some less than optimal
airports.

Or try this one:
http://www.renfe.es/horarios/english/index.html

unless it has changed recently, it seem impossible to book anything except
full fare tickets via the English website

IME, if you want the discount fares you have to work in Spanish.

tim

I think you are right Tim, I booked an Alta Velocidad from Madrid to
Malaga a couple of yrs ago, I think I did it in English then, however on
looking at the site today it dosn't seem to be possible to do it in
English any more. :-(
Don
Old June 16th, 2010, 02:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jesper Lauridsen[_1_]

On 2010-05-16, Donwill wrote:
On 16/05/2010 10:05, tim.... wrote:
wrote in message

On 16/05/2010 02:04, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:

Where can I book Spanish train online? I might have to do some travel on
short notice, and could end up flying into some less than optimal
airports.

Or try this one:
http://www.renfe.es/horarios/english/index.html

Thanks.

It turned out I didn't have to go, so I never got to test it out,

unless it has changed recently, it seem impossible to book anything except
full fare tickets via the English website

IME, if you want the discount fares you have to work in Spanish.

I think you are right Tim, I booked an Alta Velocidad from Madrid to
Malaga a couple of yrs ago, I think I did it in English then, however on
looking at the site today it dosn't seem to be possible to do it in
English any more. :-(

When I did a test run, the site was determined to switch back to
Spanish at every opportunity.